eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Indeed, recall if you will that old pearl of wisdom; "Opinions are like a**holes and we all have one and are entitled to each!" However, it is frequently distasteful when we find it necessary to force either of ours on others! ;)

Miket61

Advanced Member
Indeed, recall if you will that old pearl of wisdom; "Opinions are like a**holes and we all have one and are entitled to each!" However, it is frequently distasteful when we find it necessary to force either of ours on others! ;)
What one does with one's opinion in the privacy of their home is of no interest to me whatsoever.

cdavant

Advanced Member
My philosophy has always been "I'll stay out of your bedroom and leave your reproductive rights alone if you'll keep your hands off my wallet." Sounds fair to me.

blue suede shoes

I heard that same pearl of wisdom long ago, but the way I heard it was "Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one and everyone else's stinks."

Good to know that others know of this pink=gay thing.

Personally, I'd never heard of it until a few months ago.
I was on an evening stroll through a public park when a man approached me and informed me that my pink shirt made me "gay".
Seemed odd, but I didn't want to be rude, or violate a sacred sartorial "rule" so I let him have sex with me.

So, it's good to have this confirmed by the forum, that I was in error by wearing pink and he wasn't just pulling a fast one on me. I'll have my wife clear my wardrobe of the color tonight.

Orsini

Honors Member
I saw a young fellow on a pink Vespa-type scooter the other day. It looked pretty stupid, particularly for a gentleman, but I don't know if he was gay or not...

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
^^
LOL. Be careful not to jump to ill-advised conclusions. A pink Vespa scooter might merely indicate that the chap is a quite successful Italian sales rep for "Mary Kay Cosmetics"...and third party observers are simply witnessing the spoils of his/her sales success! ROFALOL! ;)

Orsini

Honors Member
Don't think it was actually a Vespa. They are good sized and have decent power. This one looked small and didn't get of the line very well.

Miket61

Advanced Member
^^
LOL. Be careful not to jump to ill-advised conclusions. A pink Vespa scooter might merely indicate that the chap is a quite successful Italian sales rep for "Mary Kay Cosmetics"...and third party observers are simply witnessing the spoils of his/her sales success! ROFALOL! ;)
Two thoughts:

First, while Springsteen meant a "pink Cadillac" to represent feminine wiles (and certain body parts), the image first entered rock music when Elvis Presley drove one while on tour. Elvis may have been many things, but all of them were manly and heterosexual.

Second, at church today I counted ten men in pink shirts. I probably missed some. The only one that had any sort of a "gay vibe" was a short man, as physically perfect as a J C Leyendecker painting. The trim-cut polo had no gathering at the waist, and his khaki shorts were hemmed at exactly the right point above the knee. He was also wearing a wedding ring and there with his son, who inherited some but not all of his father's style.

Big T

I wear the color my wife directs me to (when we go out together). If the shirt happens to be pink and the jacket happens to be rainbow, so be it. I don't worry about being hit on, as us slightly corpulent, balding, soon to be 60 men, are not high on the list of hetero desirability, let alone **** desirability. Makes much easier to engage in conversations with others without worry about orientation, eh?

Epaminondas

One final note: As a straight man, I have always been bewildered by why other straight men would be bothered by homosexuality. Indeed, if I were not happily and monogamously married, it would be my fervent wish for every other male on the planet to be gay - less competition means more for me, you know.
You, obviously, view sexuality as divorced from cultural or familial health. You might as well say the same thing of bestiality. The fact is that, regardless of time or religion, cultures have recognized the importance of children raised by a mother and a father and have constructed cultures to enourage that - ranging from pagan (and ostensibly, gay friendly) ancient Sparta through Christendom to commmunist/atheist Stalinist/Maoist Soviet Union/China. Open homosexuality does not lead to healthy cultures. Glad you're not my attorney if that's the depth of your thought processses or knowledge.

Last edited:

Epaminondas

Epaminondas

This comment above though, this *ahem* 'great game' to which you allude will doubtless reveal to each clear thinking man not only your motivations but also the rich tapestry of paranoid fantasies which inform them.
Again the bogus reverse psychology. As if, if someone were to oppose murder, for all its obvious harms, one must be a covert murderer. Grow up. Homosexuality is a mental illness - decreed not so by what? a 55% to 45% majority vote of the only "profession" that is required, in itself to seek tha counselling of other menatl health professionals? The craziest woman I ever datde was a psychologist. The "profession" is a joke. As I've mentioned - go read about the vote to modify the DSM, the margin of the vote, and the vociferousiness of the proponents or "normality."

Last edited:

Shaver

Suspended
Again the bogus reverse psychology. As if, if someone were to oppose murder, for all its obvious harms, one must be a covert murderer. Grow up. Homosexuality is a mental illness - decreed not so by what? a 55% to 45% majority vote of the only "profession" that is required, in itself to seek tha counselling of other menatl health professionals? The craziest woman I ever datde was a psychologist. The "profession" is a joke. As I've mentioned - go read about the vote to modify the DSM, the margin of the vote, and the vociferousiness of the proponents or "normality."
Epaminondas, your reply makes absolutely no sense whatsoever in context of my comment from which you have chosen to extract and respond. I assure you no reverse psychology was intended nor employed. My statement was bald and precise, requiring no unravelling nor analysis of subtext. I feel rather that your perspective is so occluded that we might as well be speaking different languages. Thanks for the advice re growing up, though. I will try and 'take that on board'. :icon_smile_wink:

Finally, I am rather confused as to why you believe me to be a supporter of psychology. I recall that I have made it clear, within this thread, that I loathe the profession. I am also perfectly well aware of the various modifications to the DSM over the years and the devious interests of the forces that have driven this change. Again your conclusions leave me pondering your seemingly inchoate thought processes.

Forgive me my frivolity but, I am rather glad that you are an opponent of homosexuality; I do not believe that you would be much benefit if advocating from the other side. :biggrin:

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.