Pink? Must be gay!

Miket61

Elite Member
He wore this to church???

In Augusta, Georgia, one dresses for church as one would for an audience with Billy Payne. Which is to say, immaculate golf attire. I always wear at least a sportcoat and it's fairly common that I'm grabbed by the arm to be a last-minute replacement usher.

VictorRomeo

I've tried to restrain myself from posting on this thread, as I regard it as somewhat unseemly. But is it really necessary to start besmirching religious faith? I appreciate that this is the Interchange, but this seems fairly far removed from the locus of these fora.

Whoa there horsey! First of all, now you chime in? When all manner of 'besmirches' directed towards homosexual men and some of the shocking commentry on supposed sexual practices? You must be made of stronger stuff than me.

Secondly, get your head around this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Catholic_Church_sexual_abuse_scandal_in_Ireland#Ferns_Report

There are also other reports like it from other diocese. The Catholic Church(note I did not say faith) as you are all probably aware has had a massive amound of power in the running of this state since ins inception. That power is almost - I stress almost - gone. The crimes commited by those in positions of trust down the years are astonishing and still they continue to cover up - all the way to Rome. So the sooner this little island eradicates the control of the Church over the State the better.

I have no issue what people believe in. Jesus, Zeus or the Flying Spaghetti Monster for all I care. Just like I have no issue what two consenting adults get up to. Live and let live. But when one group attempts to force - by whatever means - others to live their lives the way they think they should(in a way that contravenes the UDHR), then I have an issue.

Shaver

Suspended
Whoa there horsey! First of all, now you chime in? When all manner of 'besmirches' directed towards homosexual men and some of the shocking commentry on supposed sexual practices? You must be made of stronger stuff than me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Catholic_Church_sexual_abuse_scandal_in_Ireland#Ferns_Report

There are also other reports like it from other diocese. The Catholic Church(note I did not say faith) as you are all probably aware has had a massive amound of power in the running of this state since ins inception. That power is almost - I stress almost - gone. The crimes commited by those in positions of trust down the years are astonishing and still they continue to cover up - all the way to Rome. So the sooner this little island eradicates the control of the Church over the State the better.

I have no issue what people believe in. Jesus, Zeus or the Flying Spaghetti Monster for all I care. Just like I have no issue what two consenting adults get up to. Live and let live. But when one group attempts to force - by whatever means - others to live their lives the way they think they should(in a way that contravenes the UDHR), then I have an issue.

Hello VictorRomeo, I believe that Balfour was excercising gentlemanly restraint in refusing to dignify this thread with his presence, an admirable choice and one for him to design at his preference. That he has elected to contribute at whatever spell is in accord with that indulgence of choice and should not be construed as an indifference to the crass opining vis a vis homosexual males.

I do very much appreciate, however, your belief that we must 'live and let live' and not enforce our values upon others* and may I flippantly suggest that this could be generously extended to all posters regardless of any supposed perception that they may be more willing to defend one lifestyle than another?

*unless, of course, they have possess questionable tastes in menswear. :icon_smile_wink:

Last edited:

Balfour

Suspended

Even as I posted, I knew it was a mistake ...

I thought it entirely unnecessary to start besmirching religion in this thread.(*) This is just as offensive to some people as the comments made by other posters are to others. You are obviously free to do so if you wish (just as deciding what posts I respond to is entirely a matter for me, despite your comments above). Indeed, you do again en passant with the "Flying Spaghetti Monster" quip. You clearly have your views and I have mine. I just do not think it is particularly helpful to ventilate them here and breathe new life into this dreadful thread.

Perhaps we can both agree that the thread would be better off left to die a death as undignified as its (entirely too long) life?!

(*): Then again, it is altogether possible I just need to lighten up!;)

Last edited:

Balfour

Suspended
^ P.S. I am not posting again on this thread, even in response to comments directed at my post. This should not be taken to signal acquiescence.

Life is much too short ...;)

VictorRomeo

Even as I posted, I knew it was a mistake ...

Indeed, you do again en passant with the "Flying Spaghetti Monster" quip. You clearly have your views and I have mine.

Flying Spaghetti Monster = Pastafarian

A perfect example of how a parody, satirical religious movement - and I'll quote the wiki entry - is used as a contemporary version of Russell's Teapot – an argument that the philosophic burden of proof lies upon those who make unfalsifiable claims, not on those who reject them.

So, I will continue to post for as long as the bigotry continues on this thread - and remember, it was not me who injected religion into this despicable thread.

Shaver

Suspended
So, I will continue to post for as long as the bigotry continues on this thread

And in this endeavour I commit to you my enduring admiration VR. I have attempted to still my tongue against this thread but the level of breathtakingly disturbing hatred which has been indulged by certain of our fellows shames me of my membership.

Kingstonian

And effing good riddance to it.....

''The ideal Ireland that we would have, the Ireland that we dreamed of, would be the home of a people who valued material wealth only as a basis for right living, of a people who, satisfied with frugal comfort, devoted their leisure to the things of the spirit – a land whose countryside would be bright with cosy homesteads, whose fields and villages would be joyous with the sounds of industry, with the romping of sturdy children, the contest of athletic youths and the laughter of happy maidens, whose firesides would be forums for the wisdom of serene old age. The home, in short, of a people living the life that God desires that men should live. With the tidings that make such an Ireland possible, St. Patrick came to our ancestors fifteen hundred years ago promising happiness here no less than happiness hereafter. It was the pursuit of such an Ireland that later made our country worthy to be called the island of saints and scholars. It was the idea of such an Ireland - happy, vigorous, spiritual - that fired the imagination of our poets; that made successive generations of patriotic men give their lives to win religious and political liberty; and that will urge men in our own and future generations to die, if need be, so that these liberties may be preserved. One hundred years ago, the Young Irelanders, by holding up the vision of such an Ireland before the people, inspired and moved them spiritually as our people had hardly been moved since the Golden Age of Irish civilisation. Fifty years later, the founders of the Gaelic League similarly inspired and moved the people of their day. So, later, did the leaders of the Irish Volunteers. We of this time, if we have the will and active enthusiasm, have the opportunity to inspire and move our generation in like manner. We can do so by keeping this thought of a noble future for our country constantly before our eyes, ever seeking in action to bring that future into being, and ever remembering that it is for our nation as a whole that future must be sought.''

Eamon de Valera St Patrick's Day 1943

An idealised politician's view maybe - but one subscribed to most of his citizens and huge numbers of the Irish overseas.

Now? The Celtic Tiger - an economically and spiritually bankrupt nation; victim of the gombeen men and the cultural ,marxists in the media. Corrupt clergy is only one symptom,

Dhaller

Elite Member
That was kind of my point. Much like the man willing to go to war naked or dressed in some other way that affirmatively calls attention to himself, the man willing to wear pink into combat is probably a bit unhinged. And therefore dangerous.

In all seriousness, though, the SAS* in North Africa and other theaters often painted their vehicles a shade called "desert pink." I don't think any of us would like to tell the men driving this thing that their vehicle is unmanly:

I never knew this!... When I was little (late 60s), I had a toy army jeep which was pink - it was my favorite toy (and the perfect size to accommodate the old, articulated G.I. Joes (with the fuzzy heads!)) - and I didn't think anything of the color at the time, but when I've reflected back on it it's always puzzled me that the jeep was pink. Now I know (well, I assume) that it was in fact desert pink​. Mystery solved.

Earl of Ormonde

Connoisseur
An update:

I've had lots of PMs regarding this thread, ALL of them thanking me for my words and supporting my stance, some are from members who haven't dared to write on this thread, 2 days ago I got a long PM from such a member, which contained the following:

"...I resist the insistency that the defective is correct; that the immoral is moral; that the non-normal is normal. I don't liked to feel angry and I don't like to feel aggressively malevolent, but I can't stomach being quietly still while some insist that the aberrational is normal and that those who have "traditional" views are the tyrants."

I couldn't have put it better myself. I will not be made to feel bad for my views, which are shared by the majority of people, most of whom are too afraid to express them.

While the minority continue to support the unnatural act of homosexual sex they should be aware of one thing & one thing only and it is this: they are in the minority both in the US the UK and globally and they will NEVER be in the majority.

Last edited:

Shaver

Suspended
An update:

I've had lots of PMs regarding this thread, ALL of them thanking me for my words and supporting my stance, some are from members who haven't dared to write on this thread, 2 days ago I got a long PM from such a member, which contained the following:

"...I resist the insistency that the defective is correct; that the immoral is moral; that the non-normal is normal. I don't liked to feel angry and I don't like to feel aggressively malevolent, but I can't stomach being quietly still while some insist that the aberrational is normal and that those who have "traditional" views are the tyrants."

I couldn't have put it better myself. I will not be made to feel bad for my views, which are shared by the majority of people, most of whom are too afraid to express them.

While the minority continue to support the unnatural act of homosexual sex they should be aware of one thing & one thing only and it is this: they are in the minority both in the US the UK and globally and they will NEVER be in the majority.

Balderdash. Piffle. Drivel.

These words, are so riddled by a surfeit of inconsistency and dialectical flaw that they become transparent.

Anyhoo, now that we have been made aware of the 'one thing and one thing only' required perhaps this exceedingly unchivalrous thread can be allowed to expire?

Miket61

Elite Member
Anyhoo, now that we have been made aware of the 'one thing and one thing only' required perhaps this exceedingly unchivalrous thread can be allowed to expire?

I'm confused as to what exactly is meant by "the minority [who] continue to support" and "they are in the minority in both the US the UK and globally."

I don't think anyone here or elsewhere has suggested that homosexuals are anything but a small minority of the general population.

Neither do I believe that anyone here or elsewhere believes that a majority of people encourage homosexual behavior, even among people known to be homosexuals.

If by "support," he means "mind your own damned business and leave people be," then his statement is increasingly false.

Shaver

Suspended
I'm confused as to what exactly is meant by "the minority [who] continue to support" and "they are in the minority in both the US the UK and globally."

I don't think anyone here or elsewhere has suggested that homosexuals are anything but a small minority of the general population.

Neither do I believe that anyone here or elsewhere believes that a majority of people encourage homosexual behavior, even among people known to be homosexuals.

If by "support," he means "mind your own damned business and leave people be," then his statement is increasingly false.

Thank you Miket61.

If I may I shall embellish your incisive unravelling of this proclaimed ultimate summation of the malignant position, thusly; who cares about being in the majority, anyway?

VictorRomeo

NOTE: The word blanked out was blanked out automatically by the site. I reckon you will all know the "F" word I'm refering to as you read.

******. An interesting word. I was watching a TV show recently where they discussed the meaning of the word ******.

A ****** as we probably know is very old word for small bits of wood used as kindling for a fire. When a someone was condemned as a witch, they were burned at the stake. The fire at the stake produced a lot of high intense heat, so while death was no doubt agony, it was over with quite quickly.

However, when someone was deemed a homosexual, they were to be 'burned with the *******' (of wood). Their death was a lot slower and infinitly more painful. They were not worth the better quality wood used for witches, and their lingering death was more appealing to their accusors and executioners.

Certainly and predominantly in the developed world is is no longer a criminal offense to be homosexual and more and more countries are 'allowing' Civil Parnerships and State Marriage. I suppose in the light of all this, we do live in enlightend times.

But when I continue to read words like "aberrational", "immoral" and "non-normal", I wonder in their heart of hearts, would they wish those times back upon us?

Last edited:

jackmccullough

Honors Member
You've got to be kidding. I'll go back to the pre-1972 DSM.

Yes, my son rooting around the lower intestine of another man is perfectly natural?????? I have some negative attitudes about that.

That being said: pink shirts are fine: kiltie loafers are gay.

I haven't read through the entire thread, so this point may have already been made, but the positions set forth in your post are offensive and contemptible in the extreme. They have no place in civilized discourse.

By the way, I used to spend a lot of time in the Interchange, despite friends suggesting to me that I didn't need to be devoting my energy to such unpleasant interactions, and I haven't been back here much in the last couple of years. If this thread is any indication, it's gotten pretty ugly. I am very pleased, though, to see so many of my fellow members standing up to oppose the bigotry and ignorance that have been so much on display here.

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange