Pink? Must be gay!

jackmccullough

Honors Member
What we really need here are some perspectives from women or openly gay men. Their approval or disapproval is the only thing that will satisfy those where who are afraid to wear pink. If they just didn't like pink, we'd be having a different conversation.

A comment from women?

I universally get positive comments from women when I wear a pink shirt, and especially from my wife. (Sadly for her, I won't wear my pink shrt with the pink tie she bought it with, although I wear both of them separately.)

Belfaborac

You've got to be kidding. I'll go back to the pre-1972 DSM.

Yes, my son rooting around the lower intestine of another man is perfectly natural?????? I have some negative attitudes about that.

That being said: pink shirts are fine: kiltie loafers are gay.

I haven't read through the entire thread, so this point may have already been made, but the positions set forth in your post are offensive and contemptible in the extreme. They have no place in civilized discourse.

They're also more than a little amusing given that he's taken on the name of a man who, as well as being the greatest (known) general and statesman of his day, himself had two male lovers.

Acme

there is a saying, "tough guys wear pink"

tumblr_mc3tdk02X81r6pryto1_500.jpg

Beresford

Haven't been on AAF for quite a while, but I come on and I find this thread. Rather silly. I personally like to wear pink, either BB OCBDs or madras shirt designs that have pink in them, and I find I get more compliments and approaches from women when I am wearing pink than anything else I would wear. Now I've been off the market for quite a long while (28 years happily married), and I probably now come across more as a older father-figure type (and therefore less threatening?) but I would definitely advise any young man who's looking to make inroads with the opposite sex to wear pink. I would say it works almost as well as walking a puppy.

Langham

Honors Member
Haven't been on AAF for quite a while, but I come on and I find this thread. Rather silly. I personally like to wear pink, either BB OCBDs or madras shirt designs that have pink in them, and I find I get more compliments and approaches from women when I am wearing pink than anything else I would wear. Now I've been off the market for quite a long while (28 years happily married), and I probably now come across more as a older father-figure type (and therefore less threatening?) but I would definitely advise any young man who's looking to make inroads with the opposite sex to wear pink. I would say it works almost as well as walking a puppy.

I agree with you Beresford but was planning to keep the information to myself - for purely selfish reasons, too. A pink shirt can be extremely flattering.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange