TheUndertaker

I recently placed a substantial order with Dave & Serena Mercer (34 shirts) and I am absolutely thrilled with them!! I still have the very first bulletproof blue oxford I purchased over ten years ago. These hand made shirts can’t be beat. Neither can the customer service. An absolute pleasure. If you’ve been on the fence about giving Mercer a try, do yourself a favor !! Everything else will feel interior on your back.

FiscalDean

I appreciate their offerings of what I refer to as traditional colors in a broadcloth fabric. The offer the perfect shade of yellow, blue and cream as well as the perfect pencil stripes and tattersalls. David is a pleasure to chat with.

While delivery times can be a bit lengthy, it's not an issue if you plan ahead when placing an order.

fishertw

Advanced Member
Had about a half dozen a number of years ago while working and wearing a tie every day. They were great. And you’re right, David and Serena are great t work with.

TheUndertaker

Thirty-four shirts?!

Yowza.

That sounds like my "When I Win the Lottery" fantasy.

I have a fair number of Mercers and they are my favorites, hands down. Especially that James Bond tattersall.
I tend to burn through dress shirts as a funeral director. Mercers, however, last longer than any other shirts I have owned or had made. My first Mercer was purchased a long time ago and still looks great

TheUndertaker

I appreciate their offerings of what I refer to as traditional colors in a broadcloth fabric. The offer the perfect shade of yellow, blue and cream as well as the perfect pencil stripes and tattersalls. David is a pleasure to chat with.

While delivery times can be a bit lengthy, it's not an issue if you plan ahead when placing an order.
I often compare Mercer to the finest casket companies I work with. They take forever to complete an order, but the end result is a masterpiece.

Quality takes time.

Last edited by a moderator:

challer

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I top off my closet every year with about a dozen Mercer shirts. They are by far the most accessible MTM type shirt and the selection of fabrics is about you could need. First rate.

fishertw

Advanced Member
Wow! Thirty four shirts would keep the pot and the ball bat going with the Harris Method of washing for a LOOOOng time
(now who remembers "The Harris Method"?

TKI67

Wow! Thirty four shirts would keep the pot and the ball bat going with the Harris Method of washing for a LOOOOng time
(now who remembers "The Harris Method"?
Enlighten me, please! I am well versed in how to use the Navy's Armstrong washers but not the Harris Method.

fishertw

Advanced Member
Enlighten me, please! I am well versed in how to use the Navy's Armstrong washers but not the Harris Method.
It’s basically using a large black pot over an open fire in the back yard and stirring with a baseball bat. Said in jest by Harris who was the fellow who basically started the Trad forum And was intended to define the “trad way of doing things”

TKI67

It’s basically using a large black pot over an open fire in the back yard and stirring with a baseball bat. Said in jest by Harris who was the fellow who basically started the Trad forum And was intended to define the “trad way of doing things”
I love it. It reminds me of a friend who does crawfish boils and stirs the pot with his hockey stick!

TheUndertaker

I highly recommend Mercer’s SuperSoft Vintage White Play Shirt Broadcloth. Beautiful hand and drape. Their “SuperSoft” and “SuperFine” fabrics are trademarked. Is this due the fabric mill used ?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.