Woofa

AE Flash sale through 1/17.

Majority of shell cordovan on sale at $399

Enjoy
Edit: please note these are factory seconds, thank you serdan

Last edited:

serdan

Starting Member
Flash sale concerns AE Factory Seconds, as far as I understand. Other sections of the site are worth a look, too. Some reasonably priced shoes plus, unexpectedly, Harris Tweed vests for $95, some nice tweed caps, also not cheap, but affordable, unless you are as spoiled by excellent Trad Thrift Store Exchange prices - and the quality of the stuff available on TTSE - as I am.

Dcr5468

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Unfortunately I just bought 4 pairs in the last month, because I really would like the Merlot 5th Avenue firsts on clearance...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
I need another pair of shoes like I need another hole in my head, but those pebble grained Leeds 2.0's with the Danite soles are calling my name and the sale price represents incredible value! What to do, what to do(!)? ;)

mreams99

Those pebble grained Leeds and Dundees are great!
I wish that I had gotten a pair while I still could. I did get the loden suede Dundee though, so I can't complain.

IT_cyclist

My 1st (and 2nd and 3rd) reaction to the announcement was "Dammit AE, why do you tempt me so?" And I went shopping for shell. I was this> <close to pulling the trigger when I overcame the temptation. I think that makes be eligible for a 60-day chip. (if you don't count the wallets and gloves I bought last week.)

Atlanta Fop

Those pebble grained Leeds and Dundees are great!
I wish that I had gotten a pair while I still could. I did get the loden suede Dundee though, so I can't complain.
+1. Over the past couple of months, I've picked up the Leeds (first), Dundee and First Avenue (both seconds) in the pebble brown grain. Yes, I have a problem, but I just LOVE those shoes! :)

I also decided to try the Patriot in shell cordovan as part of this flash sale. Only my second pair of cordovan, and I've had trouble with AE loafers in the past, but I am very excited to give these a try.

Dcr5468

Oh well just ordered the 5th Ave Merlot. I told myself Saturday if they were still available Tuesday it was meant to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eagle2250

^^While pleased to hear of your good fortune with your order,
in my case, I guess it was fated not to be! When I attempted to place an order for a pair of size 9.5D Leeds 2.0's in brown pebble grain, AE advised they did not have my size in stock. The website said on thing and the guy on the phone said quite another:)(). Alas, I am left with having to decide whether I was screwed by fate or perhaps saved from myself by it? LOL. ;)

Dcr5468

You are making me nervous Eagle...a 9.5D sat in my cart for 3 days and I went ahead and ordered yesterday. I guess I will find out if they ship or not

mfreeman73

I ordered dark brown 5th Aves from this sale. Should be in tomorrow. I've never ordered seconds before, so hopefully, they will be just fine. Was definitely cheaper than getting a brand new pair.

Atlanta Fop

^^When I attempted to place an order for a pair of size 9.5D Leeds 2.0's in brown pebble grain, AE advised they did not have my size in stock. The website said on thing and the guy on the phone said quite another:)().
shoebank.com shows your shoe available at six different outlets! SIX!!! (I've ordered three pair from Riverhead, NY and have had great experiences each time).

https://www.shoebank.com/FactorySecondInventory.php?STY=1434S&DIM=D&SIZE=095

Sale priced at $227. I don't think you should condemn fate so quickly until you have exhausted all opportunities! :):):) Seriously, though, I am surprised that shoe would be out of stock with all of those options listed.

Good luck!

eagle2250

^^I talked to the Port Washington location.

Jeez Louise, when I called they said they had nothing showing for the Pebble Grain Leeds 2.0 in a 9.5D (the ones with the Dainite soles). Does it make a difference if one calls rather than placing the order online? Wonder if they would honor the sale price if it was their mistake? Is it worth an argument? :icon_scratch: :(

Dcr5468

I have never ordered seconds through the website. I typically call an outlet and ask them to put there hands on the pair and describe the defect.

mreams99

^^I talked to the Port Washington location.

Jeez Louise, when I called they said they had nothing showing for the Pebble Grain Leeds 2.0 in a 9.5D (the ones with the Dainite soles). Does it make a difference if one calls rather than placing the order online? Wonder if they would honor the sale price if it was their mistake? Is it worth an argument? :icon_scratch: :(
Call one of the stores with the shoe in stock (not the CAC) and explain the issue. I'm pretty sure that they would sell you the shoe at the sale price.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.