rmpmcdermott

....or $145.00 for an alpha-sized sport shirt.
Yeah that's more what I was thinking. That's insane for an alpha-sized shirt.

I don't think $150 for a really good pair of chinos is terrible. Press and Hertling about the same or above. BB is slightly less, but made in Malaysia. And the Lands End/Bean/Orvis stuff is less, but all made in Asia. Not that that necessarily makes them of a lesser quality (though I do see a difference when wearing them), but the cost of making them is surely lower so they can offer at lower prices.

meanoldmanning

I don't think $150 for a really good pair of chinos is terrible. Press and Hertling about the same or above. BB is slightly less, but made in Malaysia. And the Lands End/Bean/Orvis stuff is less, but all made in Asia. Not that that necessarily makes them of a lesser quality (though I do see a difference when wearing them), but the cost of making them is surely lower so they can offer at lower prices.
Jack Donnelly are $105 and comparable quality in my opinion. And 30% off right now.

But to be honest I am willing to pay a bit more for good quality US made goods. Most people are not.

rmpmcdermott

Jack Donnelly are $105 and comparable quality in my opinion. And 30% off right now.

But to be honest I am willing to pay a bit more for good quality US made goods. Most people are not.
I've tried Jack Donnelly and they're fine, but the quality of construction, at least in my opinion, wasn't even close to Press, Bill's or Hertling. Maybe I just got a bad pair, though. I only tried them once a couple years ago. I'll have to check them out again.

And I agree with you with wholeheartedly on the second point.

meanoldmanning

I've tried Jack Donnelly and they're fine, but the quality of construction, at least in my opinion, wasn't even close to Press, Bill's or Hertling. Maybe I just got a bad pair, though. I only tried them once a couple years ago. I'll have to check them out again.

And I agree with you with wholeheartedly on the second point.
maybe try a pair of JD while they are 30% off. I've only bought them in the last year and in my experience they are equal to any Bill's I have picked up in that time. The only gripe I have with either is their pocket bags tend to fray along the cut edges; maybe surging the edges or something else might help.

The cuts are a bit different between the two companies. I lean toward the slimmer fit, preferring JD hybrid fit to Bill's M3.

CSG

Inactive user
Anyone have any idea what the collar point length is on their washed oxford shirts or whether their rather bizarre sizing scheme (35" sleeves on a Large) accommodates two buttons to adjust the cuff. I know, I should call them, right? I did but no one on the phones had any idea and offered to take my name and someone would call me back in a day or two.

Reuben

Honors Member

Well, if you're shaped EXACTLY like me, then the medium oxford cloths fit like they're custom-made. That being said, I'm 6'1", 205 and wear a 16.5-36 (16.75-36.5) shirt and a 43L jacket, so expect them to fit large and long. The fabric's fantastic though, nice and beefy, and the collar roll is fantastic but borders on too big with flimsier neckties.

RT-Bone

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Has anyone here actually RECEIVED an order that was placed online in the last month or so? I ordered a pair of chinos on Nov. 6, still "Processing" according to their site. No response on customer service email, and when I try to call the phone number, it just goes dead.

August West

60-70% off directly from the manufacturer's website for a premium high end brand like Bill's sure seems like a red flag pointing to trouble. I have always thought that Bill's pricing model was a bit screwy. Staples like the M2 chino can easily and often be had at deep discount via sources like STP.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange