toddorbertBU

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Has anyone here actually RECEIVED an order that was placed online in the last month or so? I ordered a pair of chinos on Nov. 6, still "Processing" according to their site. No response on customer service email, and when I try to call the phone number, it just goes dead.
I received a pair of Calvary twills that were ordered during their first 50% off sale in early November. I received an email regarding the other pair of pants I ordered saying there were production issues and the order would not be filled.
I placed two orders on Black Friday and both still say processing. I have, however been able to talk to customer service when I call, albeit after a wait of 10 min or so.

toddorbertBU

60-70% off directly from the manufacturer's website for a premium high end brand like Bill's sure seems like a red flag pointing to trouble. I have always thought that Bill's pricing model was a bit screwy. Staples like the M2 chino can easily and often be had at deep discount via sources like STP.
That's my thought exactly. I think something is very wrong with company. I believe multiple items in their winter line were subject to production issues. Almost half of their products disappeared from the website this week.

August West

I've tried Jack Donnelly and they're fine, but the quality of construction, at least in my opinion, wasn't even close to Press, Bill's or Hertling. Maybe I just got a bad pair, though. I only tried them once a couple years ago. I'll have to check them out again.

And I agree with you with wholeheartedly on the second point.
+1 on giving Jack Donnelly another shot. I have more chinos than I'd care to admit, even to those on this forum, and can honestly say that the JD's are my favorite. My only knock on the traditional fit is that the seat is huge for me, and requires alteration. I've got 2 pair of the hybrids on order and Gregg has confidence that I'll be happy with the slimmer seat while still maintaining a good rise.

rmpmcdermott

+1 on giving Jack Donnelly another shot. I have more chinos than I'd care to admit, even to those on this forum, and can honestly say that the JD's are my favorite. My only knock on the traditional fit is that the seat is huge for me, and requires alteration. I've got 2 pair of the hybrids on order and Gregg has confidence that I'll be happy with the slimmer seat while still maintaining a good rise.
I'll definitely try them again. I think the traditional fit for me will be fine in the seat since I have one of those notorious Irish asses.

gamma68

Honors Member
I'm not seeing this on the website, is there a coupon code for this? Price I see is $72.50 (50% off).
This is a good question. Their email clearly states the Original Twills at $45, but my shopping cart reflects $72.50

The company clearly can't properly manage its recently flurry of liquidation sales.

gamma68

Honors Member
It was a click-through promo I received via email; no code that I can see.

Edit: And same as Gamma, I get the 72.50 price after clicking through.
I just called the customer service number twice. In both instances it rang once, then silence.

Not a good sign. I may just buy the pair in my shopping cart anyway, since the supply is bound to be limited at this point.

mjo_1

My only knock on the traditional fit is that the seat is huge for me, and requires alteration. I've got 2 pair of the hybrids on order and Gregg has confidence that I'll be happy with the slimmer seat while still maintaining a good rise.
This was my issue with the Original fit, and the hybrid has been just right for me. The hybrids essentially feel the same as my originals post-alteration, but without that added cost. I think you'll really like them.

I plan on slowly replacing all my chinos with JD hybrids over time. Hopefully the don't go the way Bills is going now that I've found my perfect khakis.

toddorbertBU

On the Facebook page people are saying customer service reps are saying they are closing. Plus there's another thread that says they are in liquidation.

My theory is that something went majorly wrong with their fall/winter line in mid October and all of these sales have been stealth liquidation sales with the goal of selling the brand w/o saying they are closing.

Last edited:

CLTesquire

Their lack of honesty in this whole fiasco is enough to just say no. Damn shame, really.
It is a shame. Here's another example of dishonestly taken from the checkout page:

All sales are final during our Holiday Promotions (12/2 – 12/25). If your item is damaged when you receive it, please call Customer Care to receive a return authorization.

Everything is final b/c there won't be a place to send it back.

gamma68

Honors Member
It is a shame. Here's another example of dishonestly taken from the checkout page:

All sales are final during our Holiday Promotions (12/2 – 12/25). If your item is damaged when you receive it, please call Customer Care to receive a return authorization.

Everything is final b/c there won't be a place to send it back.
...or anyone to answer the Customer Care phone number. No one's answering it now.

fshguy

So, is JD's hybrid roughly a Bill's M2 equivalent?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange