Fred G. Unn

...or anyone to answer the Customer Care phone number. No one's answering it now.
I have an order from November 6th that's still listed as "Processing." I've emailed about it and haven't gotten a reply. The customer service phone # seems to be down for me as well, it rings once and then it's just dead air. Order at your own risk.

meanoldmanning

I have an order from November 6th that's still listed as "Processing." I've emailed about it and haven't gotten a reply. The customer service phone # seems to be down for me as well, it rings once and then it's just dead air. Order at your own risk.
Rings once or twice when I call in. May not have enough call paths on their phone system to handle call volume if there are tons of nervous/dissatisfied people calling right now

meanoldmanning

Agree and would only add that JD traditional I'd say is a slighter slimmer cut than the M2, although I think the seat in the JD original is fuller.
They also redesigned the Hybrid cut this summer. The older hybrid has a bit fuller legs and larger leg opening, the new hybrid cut has a bit slimmer cut and more taper to the ankle.

+1 on giving Jack Donnelly another shot. I have more chinos than I'd care to admit, even to those on this forum, and can honestly say that the JD's are my favorite. My only knock on the traditional fit is that the seat is huge for me, and requires alteration. I've got 2 pair of the hybrids on order and Gregg has confidence that I'll be happy with the slimmer seat while still maintaining a good rise.
What's with their sizing, though? Just checked out their site and all inseams are 39"! Are they expecting me to go get a pair of khakis tailored after paying $105 for them? Uh--no.

meanoldmanning

What's with their sizing, though? Just checked out their site and all inseams are 39"! Are they expecting me to go get a pair of khakis tailored after paying $105 for them? Uh--no.
so don't order any then. Bill's charged $5 extra for hemming IIRC, and their non sale price (on pants that apparently no longer exist) was higher to begin with.

August West

You just missed a 30% off sale. I personally much prefer to have all of my trousers (including chinos) finished by a tailor to get them exactly to the length I prefer.

gamma68

Honors Member
Rings once or twice when I call in. May not have enough call paths on their phone system to handle call volume if there are tons of nervous/dissatisfied people calling right now
I suspect the lights are off and no one's home. They probably let their call staff go this week. They also probably let their web staff go, which is why the $45 offer isn't showing up when you click on the email promotion. The few executives remaining have no idea how to diddle with the server to make the correct price show up.

This is a sad ending for a company that offered a fine product (Original Twills).

Old Road Dog

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I ordered the M-2 model in khaki on this sale several weeks ago. When no pants arrived in a reasonable time I called to check on the delivery situation. The CS agent said she thought they were going out that same day (after finishing the bottoms). A week goes by and another call goes out to them. "We don't have the cloth in stock to make that pant" was the reply. "Some time after the first of the year", they added. Per the discussion here, I might add that I think their product is nicely done. It is equivalent to quality khakis of yore (Thomson, Brooks Bros. Polo domestic make--not the Rough Wear import stuff).

Several issues come to mind: (1)They never acknowledged my order nor disclosed that it was in fact a back-order. Is that the stuff of which quality customer care is made?
(2) They can sell a pant at -50% that has yet to be produced, which begs the question of the real value and whether their full price is just a fool's price, ala Jos. A. Bank's business model.
(3) How do their wholesale customers, ie., specialty stores around the country, view a resource such as Bill's; one who directly sells to consumers at deep discounts? I hope they have opportunities to get off-price goods as well.

Old Road Dog

OK, just read the rest of this thread above and it does indeed reek of a GOB. Wow, that's shoddy! Better check with my credit card company.

Charles Dana

Honors Member
Since the inception of the company, Jack Donnelly has offered only unhemmed khakis. Gregg Donnelly understands that customers, once they receive their order, are going to have to get their khakis hemmed on their own. His price takes this additional expense into consideration. Thus, he charges $105.00 per pair rather than, say, the $120.00 or $125.00--or more--that comparable USA-made khakis would would cost from companies that offer "free" or low-cost hemming.

Maybe if enough people complain, JD will decide that it will gladly start selling pre-hemmed trousers--and crank up the price by $15.00 to $20.00 per pair to cover this "free" service. Whether JD does it or your local dry cleaners does it, you're going to pay for hemming,

Last edited:

gamma68

Honors Member
Well, after getting a "just 4 hours left!" email about the $45 khakis, I checked my shopping cart and -- voila! -- the proper discount appeared.

I placed the order. Fingers crossed that they arrive some day soon.

linklaw

I just ordered four pairs of M1 plain front. I see that they are to ship the first of the year. I hope to get their USA made pants, if any are shipped at all.

meanoldmanning

Somebody replied to my post on the BK Facebook page that they finally managed to talk to somebody in customer service about an outstanding order and were told it would not be fulfilled. Anecdotal for sure, but could be another bad sign

CrescentCityConnection

I suppose these "deals" are nice if you're a gambler!!! For me, I am not a gambler nor a risk taker. Good luck to all that ordered and I sincerely hope you get what you paid for in the end.
Somebody replied to my post on the BK Facebook page that they finally managed to talk to somebody in customer service about an outstanding order and were told it would not be fulfilled. Anecdotal for sure, but could be another bad sign

CSG

Inactive user
I'm amazed anyone would still be defending this outfit and even more surprised that anyone would risk a penny to try and do business with them at this point. They seem to be flat out lying about what's going on, product availability, and good luck reaching anyone to answer a question or resolve a problem.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange