eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Back in the day, as I was growing up, I did a fair amount of small game hunting with one objective being putting meat on the table. Rabbits and squirrels taken were either pan fried and/or incorporated into some pretty tasty stews by our Mom. She was a great cook and she never called her rabbit stew hasenpfeffer, but just rabbit stew and it was pretty darned good! LOL. ;)

Big T

Looks like the top of my head, when I have waited too long to get in to the barber! Now y'all see why I keep it cropped short. LOL. ;)
A positive of the pandemic (for me), was discovering a barber near my warehouse. 88 years old, with a non-descript shop on the first floor of a duplex. The shop reminds me of barber shops from the late 50s or early 60s.

My hair (what’s left of it) just needs a buzz once a month. Until I discovered this old gent, I was forced to go to one of two lady barbers, in our town. Now, I certainly enjoy the company of females of our species, but a barber, a couple of decades older than you, very conversational and Italian, is a part of life I’ll cling to, along with flag and religion.

I was there last week, and we chatted for a bit, with him telling me he might not be in his shop for ever. Asking him if he was going to retire, he replied “Hail no, I’m 88 years old and I don’t expect to live forever”,

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.