Radio check from Southern Cal

Nicky Newkid

Starting Member
Nicky Newkid here,

Just wanted to introduce myself and say I've been lurking for a couple months. I found this site to be a place for kindred spirits. I have been a closet trad/prep/whatever since I was a teenager in the early 80's. As much as me and my freinds hated "preppies," I secretly asked my parents to purchase me a navy Lacoste polo as well as a few OCBD's that I wore on occassions where my "cool" friends wouldn't notice or see.

I read the Preppy Handbook religiously and hid it under my bed like a Playboy magazine. I bought a pristine copy off EBAY last year and it was like being reunited with a freind of my past.

I grew up in Southern Cal but my fashion tastes have always leaned towards the Martha's Vineyard flavor of anything navy blue and nautical. I fish the coast in my skiff and have several different pairs of Sperry boat shoes, LL Bean Blucher Mocs, and Bass Weejuns.

I work in county government which usually finds me in more casual than dressier business attire, generally navy blazer, JCrew rep tie, chinos, OCBD, and Pennies/Tassel loafers of some type. I am new to putting my look together and am hoping to learn how to tie it all together.

I have already read so much that answered questions I thought only I had so thanks. Hopefully as I learn I will be able to contribute to the conversations.

Thanks very much,

Nicky Newkid :aportnoy:
5'7" - 170
Shirt - 16/32/L
Pants 33W / 30L
Shoes 10D

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange