Ratio Clothing: Custom Dress Shirts

Status
Not open for further replies. To continue this discussion, please create a new thread.

ItalianStyle

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Received my first Ratio shirt today and I'm quite pleased with the result.
Quality looks fine and the fit is perfect (OK, my build is pretty standard but still...).
Will need to see how it fits after the first wash.

Not my last shirt from Ratio. Chose this one because I couldn't find the color, size and configuration (no pocket etc.) elsewhere.

Adriel Rowley

Received my first Ratio shirt today and I'm quite pleased with the result.
Quality looks fine and the fit is perfect (OK, my build is pretty standard but still...).
Will need to see how it fits after the first wash.

Not my last shirt from Ratio. Chose this one because I couldn't find the color, size and configuration (no pocket etc.) elsewhere.

What did you go for?

I used warm for the first wash to be sure took out some shrinkage, as myself only use cold water (and in the morning before the city water gets warm).

ItalianStyle

I went for the Lavender Signature Broadcloth.
I normally buy shirts in my neck size and - not least - sleeve lenght at BB, but I couldn't find this solid color in a version with no pocket and no button-down collar.

After the first wash I may have to adjust my measurements. I hope not, but we'll see...

DeltaTango

Starting Member

I wore a OCBD from Charles Tyrwhitt today; I had forgotten how nice it looked, and how comfortable! It's over a year old now, so the starch has taken to the fabric, nice hefty and crisp! My son had and returned it back to "dear 'ole dad"....
I should try the Ratio.... or order one for my son!!

medhat

I enjoy the site, but would love the ability to order a shirt with turnback (cocktail) cuffs. Possible, or simply too small a market?

ItalianStyle

OK, finally got time to report back on my Ratio shirt purchase after its first wash (cold wash).

It did shrink - not much but enough to make me reconsider my input parameters. Sleeve length is easy as it is entered as a direct measure. They shrunk about 1/4" in length and I will order them a little longer next time.

However, some questions for Ratio:

Shirt was a little too snug around the chest and waist after washing. Probably my own fault... maybe I don't have the post-wash body shape I thought I had. So next time I will enter different preferences to remedy this.
But how do I get to view the data I entered the first time? I got a 'Fit Report' email with my calculated measurements after entering the data, but the mapping between the preferences and the measurements is not clear.

And are the different fabrics supposed to shrink approx. the same amount?

Status
Not open for further replies. To continue this discussion, please create a new thread.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange