Ravello shell cordovan (Alden)

PaulShark

Starting Member
Ravello Shell Cordovan

Hi Harris,
as you know Ravello is one of the most rare colour to find among the classical 5-colur set of Alden. I have a cigar shell cordovan plain derby (not from Alden) and, if you want, I can send tou some pics. For the moment, search for "Alden Of Carmel" and link to
Regards,
Paolo

Tom Rath

ravello is a great shell color, in the same color family as whiskey, but a few shades darker. My only quibble with Alden and ravello is 99% of the time they use black edges on the soles with ravello shoes, and I think a dark brown or even natural sole edge would be more complementary.

mcarthur

Connoisseur
73ludk1.jpg

A-Long wing blucher in ravello shell

PittDoc

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
gorgeous wingtips Pittdoc, do you own those shoes?

Yes - my most prized pair of shoes. Acquired them purely by chance. Emailed Shoemart looking for a different style, they didn't have my size but had these "seconds" which I grabbed for just $350. Similar story behind the captoes from Alden NYC but paid full retail. Sometimes it helps to be a size 7.5 (most of the time it doesn't).

mcarthur

Connoisseur
^ We should have LS respond to your questions. I have been told that whiskey, ravello and cigar will become very difficult to get in the future. Take good care of your ravello shells

PittDoc

Dear PittDoc,
what wax polish do you use for Ravello? I can find only cigar, c.8 and black...
Thank you.
Paolo

Kiwi Mid-Tan

Seems to do the trick. Only slightly darker after a polishing. The captoes (my first pair of light-colored shells) developed dark lines in the creases from over polishing when new, so be careful. The wingtips have yet to be polished after about a dozen outings followed by the "Mac" treatment; these actually look better now than the new pics above.

Andy S.

Man, the Alden shell collection is truly incredible. What beautiful shoes, clearly the best I've ever laid eyes on. I wish I could afford just one pair! If I ever can, my wallet better watch out cause I'll be racking 'em up.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.