Raw Denim

Büchner

Starting Member
Greetings everyone,
I do have a question concerning rad denim. I am debating whether oder whether not to get a pair.

So, i do understand the whole "at least 6 months without washing" thing. However, what will happen if you wash them a couple of times after the break in period?

Will they loose colour faster than "regular" jeans?

amplifiedheat

You will probably find a more receptive audience at the StyleForum Streetwear and Denim forum:

I do know a guy who wears raw denim without washing for months, and reliably smells bad.

smujd

I do have a question concerning rad denim.

Awesome! Rad denim is totally bad!

Yes, raw denim will lose color much faster than "regular" denim. If you wash raw denim a few times during the first few months, the color will be lighter and your "fades" and honeycombs will be less pronounced.

Leighton

Greetings everyone,
I do have a question concerning rad denim. I am debating whether oder whether not to get a pair.

So, i do understand the whole "at least 6 months without washing" thing. However, what will happen if you wash them a couple of times after the break in period?

Will they loose colour faster than "regular" jeans?

Just wash them normally. If the fading isn't your thing, it doesn't have to be. It will simply fade like normal jeans. They just start off with more indigo dye because they haven't been rinsed yet. They're also stiffer because the starch hasn't been washed off yet.

Wash them inside out to avoid most color loss.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange