Reading List

Karl89

Gents,

I am always interested to know what people are reading these days. And besides my mom has already asked what I want for Christmas so a few book suggestions would be helpful. The last three books I have read are:

Rising '44: The Battle for Warsaw </u> by Norman Davies - excellent book as Davis is perhaps the leading non-Polish expert on Poland, his two part history of Poland, God's Playground</u>, is well worth the effort.

Alexander II : The Last Great Tsar</u> by Edvard Radzinsky - also an excellent book that will be appreciated by Russophiles and history buffs alike. It is a translation from Russian so the prose can be a bit dry but still a great read.

An Evening Of Long Goodbyes</u> by Paul Brady - this book starts out well about a young Irish lad attempting to live life as a gentleman, its one part Confederacy Of Dunces </u>, one part Catcher In The Rye</u>, but it limps to the end. Still a promising start by Mr. Brady.

So what are you reading and what should I put on my Christmas list?

Karl

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange