Recognize this bow tie?

daltx

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I saw Tucker Carlson on MSNBC today wearing this bow tie. I like it very much. It looks to me to be a Hanauer tie but I cannot find it on their website. I know its a longshot but does anyone know where someone could find this tie?
Thanks
carlson.jpg

ASK ANDY UPDATE: In addition to all the great information here in this discussion, please be sure to check out our Why the Tucker Carlson Bow Tie is No More article for a deeper dive into this intriguing subject!

Last edited by a moderator:

daltx

If it is a Hanauer, any idea how I could find it? I have searched their website with no success.

AlanC

Sartorial Sultan<br> Moderator, Trad Forum
quote:Originally posted by daltx

If it is a Hanauer, any idea how I could find it? I have searched their website with no success.

Send them the picture and ask. They may not offer it, but they may have some of the fabric around. If so I'm sure they'd be glad to make you one up.

Drinking and Drafting

I just want to ask how anyone would automatically tell the brand from viewing it without being familiar with the specific pattern. I'm not denying it's possible, I'm impressed.

daltx

I will do that. Hopefully I will have better luck getting a response this time than I did the last time I emailed them a question. I never heard back.

Also, does anyone know where I could find a belt similar to the one in the picture? I only noticed it after posting the picture for the bow tie. Any help would be appreciated. For some reason I have a feeling that drinking and drafting has several of those belts in his closet.

j

Does anyone else think that tie is too small? I admit to not liking bow ties in the first place, but that thing looks tiny. It makes him look like a 56L with a giant head wearing a normal tie (No offense meant to 56Ls with giant heads). Isn't there a rule about bow tie size?

https://www.styleforum.net

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.