drpeter

Classic American Lunch today, moments ago, with Indian touches:

Home-Made Tomato Bisque -- Roasted red peppers, onions and tomatoes diced (all fresh from the farm market), Herbes de Provence, fresh Sage, Rosemary and Chives from my little herb garden, Kashmiri red pepper (the Indian touch), fresh unsalted butter, heavy cream, and home-made chicken broth with a generous tablespoon of chicken bouillon powder (not home-made), salt and pepper . All of it cooked together until thick and hot but not boiling (cream stirred in at the end, so it won't get separated or overcooked).

Grilled Cheese Sandwich -- Smoked Dutch Gouda and Medium American Cheddar, generous slices grilled in whole wheat bread, using plenty of fresh unsalted butter. (Purists may not like to mix cheeses, but I am no purist, I modify and extend and innovate all the time)

Kettle-cooked potato chips

Hot, strong Assam/Darjeeling tea
(my own blend) with milk and sugar.

I ate a bowl of the soup with Indian Naga Jholokia hot sauce and freshly ground pepper added to it. The grilled cheese sandwich must be dipped in the soup, of course, in the classic style. It was a delicious meal.

I almost added some lovely smoked ham I have in the fridge, but thought the chicken broth was enough "meat" for this particular lunch, LOL. Vegetarian is good now and then, even if I am a consumer of all meats.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.