eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
So you've had it?
Egad! Several times. After the initial video tour through your intestines, the docs like to repeat the indignity of the experience at least once every 10 years! Your are knocked out and miss the whole trip, but they will show you the video if you ask! Make sure you have someone to drive you home afterward. ;)

TKI67

I count five. How about one for lobster rolls for lunch, two for dinner with a bottle of Eyrie Pinot Blanc, and one for tomorrow morning's omelette with a bit of creme fraiche and a sprinkling of caviar?

Last edited:

TKI67

Nothing like a burger and fries. MR chuck on a griddled Kaiser Roll with mayonnaise, homemade chili sauce, Tillamook extra sharp cheddar, and grilled red onion. I have decided I prefer oven fries to deep fried. Roll 'em in peanut oil, cook until soft at 385 F, and crisp them at 425F. Sprinkle with sea salt and truffle oil.
2D210016-2611-4452-885E-D2A66A84A23C.jpeg

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Nothing like a burger and fries. MR chuck on a griddled Kaiser Roll with mayonnaise, homemade chili sauce, Tillamook extra sharp cheddar, and grilled red onion. I have decided I prefer oven fries to deep fried. Roll 'em in peanut oil, cook until soft at 385 F, and crisp them at 425F. Sprinkle with sea salt and truffle oil. View attachment 49765
Looking good...real good, but I must tell you, you put a lot more effort into prepping your fries than I do. At the eagles crib we cut the taters up and toss them into the air fryer and then hit them with a bit of sea salt....arguably bland, I know. I'm pretty sure I would prefer your oven fries. ;)

TKI67

Looking good...real good, but I must tell you, you put a lot more effort into prepping your fries than I do. At the eagles crib we cut the taters up and toss them into the air fryer and then hit them with a bit of sea salt....arguably bland, I know. I'm pretty sure I would prefer your oven fries. ;)
Give these a twirl, and to kick it up a notch after you sprinkle the truffle oil sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese and shake the pan a bit. Just wow.

Howard

Connoisseur
Nothing like a burger and fries. MR chuck on a griddled Kaiser Roll with mayonnaise, homemade chili sauce, Tillamook extra sharp cheddar, and grilled red onion. I have decided I prefer oven fries to deep fried. Roll 'em in peanut oil, cook until soft at 385 F, and crisp them at 425F. Sprinkle with sea salt and truffle oil. View attachment 49765
I'm having a hamburger for dinner tonight.

Howard

Connoisseur
We had hamburgers for a late lunch today (at about 1500 hours and our first and probably last meal of the day)...a half pound burger really overpowers a regular hamburger bun, but in the real world we must work with what's in the pantry! LOL. ;)

What do you like on your burger?

TKI67

I like burgers pretty much any way they come:

*Old school northeastern with only ketchup,
*West coast with lettuce, tomato, and 1000 island
*Texas with a griddled bun, yellow mustard, dill pickle chips, diced or sliced sweet onion, tomato, and shredded iceberg lettuce, jalapeños optional
*Pub style with mayonnaise, Dijon, bread and butter pickles, grilled onions, leaf lettuce, bacon, and who knows what else

My personal favorite, however, is a griddled, buttered bun and a thick MR patty with steak seasoning topped with roasted Hatch chiles, a sliced of grilled red onion, and a nice melted extra sharp cheddar. No other condiments needed, but mayonnaise is ok.

TKI67

Swiss or American and I use regular mustard on my burger.
Yeah, but there are all kinds of "regular" mustard! Assuming you mean yellow, do you like French's, Heinz, Plochman's, Whataburger, or something else? Also in some homes, like this one, the "regular" mustard is Maille Dijon. For a Texas style burger I think the Whataburger mustard is the best.

Also if you like tater tots/potato puffs and ketchup, the Melinda's habanero ketchup is really good. Oddly, it isn't as hot as the jalapeño.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.