drpeter

I'm making this for dinner tonight and serving it with oven fried sweet potatoes. Does anyone think that there might be caramelized onions in there? I want to be authentic but the idea of caramelized onions is terribly appealing even if it isn't.
Sarge, I think there might be some in there. Let's believe that, and then you can do it for the dish you are making. I fully agree that caramelized onions enhance practically anything we consume as food.

For New Year's Eve, I attended a small party with everyone bringing dishes. My contribution was Italian meatballs in a cream sauce with fennel, caramelized onions, mushrooms, and red and green bell peppers, fresh parsley plus some standard dried herbs (thyme, rosemary, that sort of thing). The caramelized onions made the dish a hit, even if I say so myself -- people took some home at the end of the evening! And that's a nice compliment for any cook. So caramelize away, I say!

Last edited:

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
Gustatorily speaking, the burger was highly satisfactory. The cottage cheese balanced the pickled jalapeños nicely and the caramelized onions went down a treat. The poodle was especially impressed with the scraps on the plate. The only drawback, should anyone wish to give it a try, is that one would have to be Joe E. Brown to get your mouth all way around it. This burger needed a bib.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
I had Ham and Sweet potatoes for New's dinner. Caramelized onions sound like it will make any dish better.
Tonight for our family dinner we will be enjoying a meal born of my chicken pot pie recipe, but with cut up baked ham from our New Years dinner substituted for the chicken. Good in theory, perhaps, but I will have to let you know how it turns out in practice! :icon_scratch:;)

Howard

Connoisseur
There's a diner in Eastern Oregon that serves burgers that big and they always stick a steak knife into from the top. Sort of a hint, I suspect.

Whenever a burger is hard to fit in my mouth I will use a fork and knife to cut up the meat and to make it easier to eat.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.