Red Meat . . . .

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
tumblr_b907b3b0c0f6e09fa387edf32f10efca_b6f21e1c_640.jpg

Summer is a'comin' in, load the barbecue!

drpeter

LOL, I think those who can eat that outsize burger must have those expandable jaws similar to the kind that snakes have.

Here's the funny part: I grew up thinking a sandwich was two triangles of buttered bread, crust trimmed off, with a couple of slices of cucumbers or tomatoes as filling, or perhaps a little chicken. The sandwiches I saw in this great nation truly left me gobsmacked. I had the same question Howard asks above: How on earth do they eat them?

A similar revelation happened to me in reverse when I went to Italy and had their pizza for the first time: Conceptually, it was rather like my sandwich in India. A thin crust of dough with a bit of marinara sauce smeared on it and some melted cheese. Amazing, after consuming our American variety which is like a disc of dough with a small forest of toppings.

I suppose food reflects societies and cultures in interesting ways.

Last edited:

Howard

Connoisseur
May we assume that to be a Texas Barbecue Beef, chicken and sausage platter for one? Oh please, please , please let it be so. ;)

My Parents and I, we all ate Fried Chicken from the restaurant that My Father ordered from Ubereats, Texas Fried Chicken and it was delicious, despite the french fries, everything else was pretty good and greasy.

Last edited:

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
Grilled chicken, served with tortillas and beans. It was very good, most of the time. It was always best to go there at the busiest time of the day so the chicken didn't sit too long.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.