drpeter

LOL, I think those who can eat that outsize burger must have those expandable jaws similar to the kind that snakes have.

Here's the funny part: I grew up thinking a sandwich was two triangles of buttered bread, crust trimmed off, with a couple of slices of cucumbers or tomatoes as filling, or perhaps a little chicken. The sandwiches I saw in this great nation truly left me gobsmacked. I had the same question Howard asks above: How on earth do they eat them?

A similar revelation happened to me in reverse when I went to Italy and had their pizza for the first time: Conceptually, it was rather like my sandwich in India. A thin crust of dough with a bit of marinara sauce smeared on it and some melted cheese. Amazing, after consuming our American variety which is like a disc of dough with a small forest of toppings.

I suppose food reflects societies and cultures in interesting ways.

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.