Red Meat . . . .

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Jersey Mike's offers a Portobello mushroom and Swiss sub that might help in taking one's mind of those blueberry burgers. I've been tempted to try it, but a bad encounter with a bag of frozen portobello mushroom caps from Costco has made that a difficult option for me to exercise. Someone give one a try and share with us what you think! ;)

Howard

Connoisseur
You are clearly a New Yorker...ketchup on burgers and mustard on hot dogs I'm guessing.

Lately my favorite burger is thick, MR, and topped only with a little seasoning salt, Hatch chili, a slice of grilled onion, and melted cheddar. How do you like west coast burgers (1000 island, lettuce, and tomato) or Texas burgers (yellow mustard, dill pickle, lettuce, tomato, and onion)?
Yes I'm a true New Yorker, I like mustard on my hot dogs and ketchup on my burgers.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
You are clearly a New Yorker...ketchup on burgers and mustard on hot dogs I'm guessing.

Lately my favorite burger is thick, MR, and topped only with a little seasoning salt, Hatch chili, a slice of grilled onion, and melted cheddar. How do you like west coast burgers (1000 island, lettuce, and tomato) or Texas burgers (yellow mustard, dill pickle, lettuce, tomato, and onion)?
Gosh, I'd forgotten all about 1000 Island on a burger. Must put it on the shopping list.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
tumblr_6839942a429d93db0877e2f5e902bb7e_015fb1ac_640.jpg

tumblr_pbnxe32I671rgfugmo1_640.jpg

TKI67

Elite Member
I can't imagine anyone putting broccoli on a burger.
I can imagine broccoli in kimchi, and caramelized kimchi, grilled onion, Sriracha mayonnaise, melted cheddar, and a fried egg on a burger is pretty spectacular. So how about if it's slightly disguised?

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
I can imagine broccoli in kimchi, and caramelized kimchi, grilled onion, Sriracha mayonnaise, melted cheddar, and a fried egg on a burger is pretty spectacular. So how about if it's slightly disguised?
Well, if it was sliced about 1/4" thick, sautéed and covered with cheddar cheese sauce . . . Maybe even cauliflower would work that way.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
If it's Ok with youse guys, I'm going to stick with lettuce, tomato, sliced onion and mayonnaise on my burgers. President George W. Bush banned broccoli from even being served in the White House, under any guise! LOL. ;)

TKI67

Elite Member
Someone should have served him some with a pungent sharp cheddar cheese sauce all over it. He'd have changed his mind.
I also love broccoli with a sauce of mayonnaise, lemon juice, and curry powder. It is great stir fried with hoisin and chili paste. It adds a great nuttiness to a frittata. It is nice for snacking, cold and unadorned.

Howard

Connoisseur
I also love broccoli with a sauce of mayonnaise, lemon juice, and curry powder. It is great stir fried with hoisin and chili paste. It adds a great nuttiness to a frittata. It is nice for snacking, cold and unadorned.
What do you have as a side dish?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.