Red Meat . . . .

Vecchio Vespa

(aka TKI67)
Wow, you eat pretty healthy.
I try to. When I was working and eating too many big sandwiches for lunch I got up to a 38" waist. I retired and with Noom it is now between a 34 and a 35 and trending slowly down. Noom really did change the way we eat. We still eat a lot of the same things but much less meat and carbs. For example if I make a one pound sirloin for dinner, we each get 2-3 ounces, and there are leftovers for cold steak sandwiches for lunch. If we have baked potatoes, we each usually get a half. Dessert might be ice cream, but it is reduced fat and instead of a second scoop, the single scoop goes on a twenty calorie cone.

Howard

Connoisseur
I try to. When I was working and eating too many big sandwiches for lunch I got up to a 38" waist. I retired and with Noom it is now between a 34 and a 35 and trending slowly down. Noom really did change the way we eat. We still eat a lot of the same things but much less meat and carbs. For example if I make a one pound sirloin for dinner, we each get 2-3 ounces, and there are leftovers for cold steak sandwiches for lunch. If we have baked potatoes, we each usually get a half. Dessert might be ice cream, but it is reduced fat and instead of a second scoop, the single scoop goes on a twenty calorie cone.
I used to be skinny when I was growing up but after a while I gained a bit of weight during the years later and now I'm a 40" waist and I'm between 170-175 lbs at least that's what the scale in our bathroom says.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
I used to be skinny when I was growing up but after a while I gained a bit of weight during the years later and now I'm a 40" waist and I'm between 170-175 lbs at least that's what the scale in our bathroom says.

Be cautious Howard. Once a man's waist hits 40"'s and more, you are much more likely to develop a plethora of serious health problems. I hit 40"'s and then 42. I've been able to scrub it back to 40"'s and hope to keep it going in that direction. TKI67 is a wise gentleman...you would be wise to heed his weight loss advice. ;)

Howard

Connoisseur
Be cautious Howard. Once a man's waist hits 40"'s and more, you are much more likely to develop a plethora of serious health problems. I hit 40"'s and then 42. I've been able to scrub it back to 40"'s and hope to keep it going in that direction. TKI67 is a wise gentleman...you would be wise to heed his weight loss advice. ;)

I do try to some exercise in the morning by doing some walking and drinking a bottle of water but I hope I don't reach my Father's waistline which is a bit more than me.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
tumblr_901ecc03913c397d4c0fc4b470c80bf7_43fe2b60_640.jpg

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.