Red Meat . . . .

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
What are we looking at in the photo above?

When we have all the kids and grand kids gathered around the table, the total is 14. However, Mrs Eagle being the ever-so-kind soul that she is has adopted five of the neighborhood kids who do not have grand parents readily available, as additional de facto grand children at our dinner table. On those occasions everyone shoes for dinner, we can total as many as 19 at the table! I think it's Grandma "D's" desserts that draws them in. LOL. ;)
That's slices of seared ahi tuna.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
tumblr_0f7c0012952f1b134c3c4883b8671a6e_680046e2_640.jpg

tumblr_14061cbb23a907eea6a3251391d3bd95_14447da5_500.jpg

tumblr_phfv51XCqC1xfpzwjo1_640.jpg

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Yup! In the eagles crib we call it a pot roast, which can be somewhat misleading because we put a 5+ poung chunk of almost any kind of protein in the slow cooker with cut up potatoes, onions and carrots and a crap ton of seasonings and cook it almost forever (read: six to eight hours). Haven't killed any guests yet and most claim it to be pretty good. ;)

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
Yup! In the eagles crib we call it a pot roast, which can be somewhat misleading because we put a 5+ poung chunk of almost any kind of protein in the slow cooker with cut up potatoes, onions and carrots and a crap ton of seasonings and cook it almost forever (read: six to eight hours). Haven't killed any guests yet and most claim it to be pretty good. ;)
I have a recipe for pot roast that I concocted years ago and am very fond of. However, it's hard to cook a chunk of meat that size and spend an entire week trying to consume it. Living alone put a real crimp on my culinary style!

eagle2250

I have a recipe for pot roast that I concocted years ago and am very fond of. However, it's hard to cook a chunk of meat that size and spend an entire week trying to consume it. Living alone put a real crimp on my culinary style!

You need to get out there and invite the neighbors. We invite the kids, grand kids and several of the neighbor kids to fill all the chairs at the dining room table for our Sunday evening dinners. For some reason the wife and I get a real kick out of prepping the meals! ;)

Howard

Connoisseur
burger-price-record-002.jpg

Who wants an expensive burger for $5,000 dollars and what the heck is that piece of metal in it for? Eagle or Sarge, have you had an expensive burger before and for how much?

eagle2250

Perhaps in the next week or so we will make a trip over to the Patrick Space Force Base golf course. They serve some of the best grilled dogs I have ever eaten. Perhaps it is because they butterfly cut the 1/4 pound hot dog and cook in on the grill that way. It seems to invest the sandwich with a bit more grilled flavor, They also turn out pretty good hamburgers. Yum! ;)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange