eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Koreans do not eat cats.
Not to be argumentative, but cat was on the Korean menus back in the day and a quick check with Wikipedia seems to indicate they continue serving such to this day. I can't say they eat cat, but they certainly sell and serve it to those so inclined! BTW, if you ever have a hankering to try guinea pig, next time you are in Peru, it's pretty good! LOL. ;)

xcubbies

Not to be argumentative, but cat was on the Korean menus back in the day and a quick check with Wikipedia seems to indicate they continue serving such to this day. I can't say they eat cat, but they certainly sell and serve it to those so inclined! BTW, if you ever have a hankering to try guinea pig, next time you are in Peru, it's pretty good! LOL. ;)
I don't want to challenge Wikipedia, but I worked for a year in Korea in the late 1970s, spent a good deal of time travelling around the country and never heard or saw anything that would suggest that they ate cats. Dogs, yes, best served as keh tong with lots of gotchu.

derum

Inactive
I know that in south east China they eat cats.
Also, when I was a boy in England, there was a rumor that the local Chinese takeaway served cat instead of chicken. Our pet cat disappeared. Put me off sweet and sour chicken for years.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
I can't help but form a mental image of a group of Korean waitstaff peeking around a corner and pointing while choking back guffaws, "Look at the dumb American, he's eating the cat!!! :D

I don't want to challenge Wikipedia, but I worked for a year in Korea in the late 1970s, spent a good deal of time travelling around the country and never heard or saw anything that would suggest that they ate cats. Dogs, yes, best served as keh tong with lots of gotchu.
And a similar group of Korean waitstaff elsewhere pointing and saying, "Look at the dumb American, he doesn't know he's eating cat!!! :D

Makes one realize why some elect vegetarianism.

But is it really vegetable!?!?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals