Fading Fast

Connoisseur
(@mikel, I thought AAAC members would enjoy this cool historic find, but wasn't sure where to put it as I couldn't find anything similar. Please feel free to move it if there is a better place for it - thank you, FF)

PICTURE THE FRESH, CLEAN WALLS of a modern interior space. It’s hard to imagine they would hide anything special, but in the case of a former sports bar in St. Petersburg, Florida, some of them concealed a world of history, hidden for decades. When the walls came down during recent construction, they revealed century-old relics from a storied age: a telephone switchboard, a partial staircase, a double-sided fireplace, and an entire elevator with an elegant ceiling flecked with gold leaf.

Full story: https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/detroit-hotel-florida-history

Good story, cool find and love the old telephone switchboard ⇩
image-9.jpg

ran23

I was in a beautiful big home on a hill. I asked for the incoming phone lines and she open a closet very much like that. Turns out it used to be, something of a small hotel. Before I was schooled on such old equipment, I leaned against a board like that and got hit by 55v ring voltage.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals