RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know

cvac

I'm interested in the veal chesnut forum special boot but I have a couple of questions.

First, does anyone have a pic of the boot in chesnut that they wouldn't mind posting?

Second, I have problems with heel slip on some shoes but not on the AE park ave in an 8.5 D when I lace them up (not super tight, but still fairly tight).

What size would you recommend for me? My feet are oddly shaped b/c my heel is narrower than my forefoot. I don't want a pair of shoes that slips yet I don't want a pair that is cutting off circulation across the toes and instep.

Thanks.

Mugnut

Starting Member
Has anyone received definitive confirmation from RMW that lengths increase only in whole size increments, with .5 sizes representing only width increases? Viz., is an 8.5G really just an 8H -- or something different? If length only changes in whole sizes, then does that mean an 8.5F is really just an 8G? It's very confusing . . .

It seems from my experience that dropping down a whole size from equivalent U.S. length yields a shoe that is more like 1.5 sizes down in equivalent US in length? I.e., I wear 9D in U.S., but an 8G fits much more like a US 8.5D than a US 9D. It almost seems that you could go 1 for 1 with your U.S. size to get the length right and use socks/insoles to fill up excess volume . . . which is totally contrary to all sizing recommendations currently available.

I've tried emailing RMW directly on this issue but it was bounced back.

AdamInSF

I normally wear a US size 13D, and my RMW yard boots (different last than the Craftsmen or the forum special) are a 12G. Length is perfect, although it's fairly high-volume, which I address with an insole.

A local store carries Craftsmen, albeit at a truly shocking price, and I verified that for me a 12G fits nicely, and shouldn't require an insole.

No idea on Sator's recommendation for longer/narrower sizing, as RMW doesn't make an AUS size 13 for me to try.

cvac: I have a pair of chestnut french veal Craftsmen (not the forum special) shipping from Nungar in a day or two - I can post pics if it's the color you're interested in, rather than the shape.

Arache

Starting Member
Have anyone heard from Nungar (Steve) lately? I have tried to order one by emailing him, we went back and forth discussing the option, but then he just sort off dissapeared and further emails went unreplied. The last contact I had with him was about 4 months ago, and phone calls to his cell doesn't get picked up.

Xyst

Starting Member
Turnout Width question

Nothing like bringing back an old thread, but I figured this was the best place to ask.

I wear a EEE width in dress shoes (4E in running shoes) and tried the Comfort Turnout G at the New York store last week. I was told by the sales staff that the unlike other models, the Turnout G was actually wider than the H. Needless to say, the G was a miserable failure and painfully to narrow for me to wear. They are going to call home to Oz this week and have some one check to see if H is really wider than G, and I asked if they would confirm the same about an X width as well. The sizing doesn't seem to make sense to me, but I wanted to run it past the pros for help.

Has any one had experience with the wider widths? H or X in the Comfort Turnout or other models?

Thanks so much y'all!
Xyst

ajo

I take a 10H in the Comfort Turnouts, I have the same issue the G is too tight. But in the Comfort Craftsman Kangaroo I got a 10G the reason being the softness of the leather and its a very snug fit the 10H had too much room to move.
Hope this helps.

Xyst

Starting Member
I take a 10H in the Comfort Turnouts, I have the same issue the G is too tight. But in the Comfort Craftsman Kangaroo I got a 10G the reason being the softness of the leather and its a very snug fit the 10H had too much room to move.
Hope this helps.

Thanks ajo, what size width do you normally wear in a US shoe? D, E, EE, EEE, etc?

ajo

Thanks ajo, what size width do you normally wear in a US shoe? D, E, EE, EEE, etc?

This is the great Mystery of my life. And until I find a Brannock Device I am afraid it will remain a Mystrey. And its also why I have five pairs of RM Boots and Chukkas.

Xyst

Starting Member
Extra Wide Feet need really wide shoes/boots

There are two boots that RM Williams makes that fit EEE and EEEE sized feet. Currently they are the Queenslander and the Tambo. From what I can tell, the Queenslander has a slightly rounder toe than the Tambo. I did get the chance to try on the Queenslander in a 9X AUS today (I typically wear a 9.5EEE in AE dress and casual shoes). The length was about perfect, but the width was lightly wider than my foot needed. Because of the way the boot fits though, the top leather held my foot comfortably in place without any slip or wiggle, so-to-speak. I was so pleased with the fit, I have ordered a pair of Comfort Queenslanders to be my everyday boot. Happy to answer any questions from curious, wide footed brethren.

Xyst

goody14

Forum Special Model Still Available?

Does anyone know if the Forum Special Model and discount are still available from the nungar.com website? I'm definitely interested in a pair in black...

Naive. Jr.

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Does anyone know if the Forum Special Model and discount are still available from the nungar.com website? I'm definitely interested in a pair in black...

You might ask Sator - he is the initiator. He just wrote me he hasn't been busy with Williams for awhile.

Tgivnish

Starting Member
I realize I'm responding to an old post but the size recommendations were 'spot-on'. I would NOT have ordered the size I did if I didn't read this post. I would have been off at least one full size. Take the leap of faith and use these guidelines.

Tgivnish

Starting Member
In reference to RM Williams Craftsman, kangaroo leather fit, I ordered size 8H. I followed the, albeit old post, exactly. My normal size in AE Park Ave. is 9EEE, Crockett/Jones 9UK D, Alden's Aberdeen last, 93E. You get the idea. I dropped a full size.

kbuzz

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
To revive a long dormant thread does anyone have recommendations for a cream or polish color for me Williams whiskey? Thanks

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.