Sartorial Videos

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Handmade, custom cowboy boots.....literally a dying art! It's going to take some time for Wheeler Boots to age out and fade into history, but the legendary Mr Dave Wheeler has already taken the last measurements for boots that he will be making. Paul Bond, another arguably legendary custom boot maker, passed away almost 10 years ago and now Dave Wheeler will be riding off into the sunset of retirement. Kind of sad! ;)

Flanderian

Connoisseur

If you like fine hats, or would like to like fine hats, the time invested listening to a master discuss them is well worth it!

Last edited:

eagle2250

If you like fine hats, or would like to like fine hats, the time invested listening to a master discuss them is well worth it!

Two very interestinf and entertaining videos on hats. I am a confirmed fan of hats, but I seem to have passed through the fashion phase of fur and wool felt fedoras and have moved on to more pragmatic versions. Frankly, never in my life have I worn hats more frequently/constantly than I do in my present phase of life, but alas, my fancy hats, several Borsalino and Stetson fedoras sit unworn in the closet, while my collection of Tilley Endurables are worn almost every day. The last time I wore the Borsalino's and the Stetsons with any regularity was back in Hoosierville, before we migrated to central Florida In the heat and humidity of central Floerid I sweated up the fur and wool felts pretty quickly and the woven plant fiber hats didn't take much longer. I wear hats for protection from the sun and occasionally to keep the rain off. The Tilley's are maintained/restored by throwing them in the washer on a gentle cycle and air drying them. I am a practical man and some argue that I'm pretty cheap. I don't like to quickly ruin my more pricey hats! Nuff said on that. ;)

eagle2250

The Elegant Oxford really does a great job of unboxing a pair on in this video, three pair(s) of shoes. Watching him handle all that fine leather and listening to his praises of the beauty of the shoe art he holds in his hands leaves no doubt that the loves his work and particularly the piece he presently holds in his hands. As a confirmed shoe whore, I really do love my shoes and boots....but perhaps, not quite that much! LOL. ;)

Flanderian

Connoisseur
Two very interestinf and entertaining videos on hats. I am a confirmed fan of hats, but I seem to have passed through the fashion phase of fur and wool felt fedoras and have moved on to more pragmatic versions. Frankly, never in my life have I worn hats more frequently/constantly than I do in my present phase of life, but alas, my fancy hats, several Borsalino and Stetson fedoras sit unworn in the closet, while my collection of Tilley Endurables are worn almost every day. The last time I wore the Borsalino's and the Stetsons with any regularity was back in Hoosierville, before we migrated to central Florida In the heat and humidity of central Floerid I sweated up the fur and wool felts pretty quickly and the woven plant fiber hats didn't take much longer. I wear hats for protection from the sun and occasionally to keep the rain off. The Tilley's are maintained/restored by throwing them in the washer on a gentle cycle and air drying them. I am a practical man and some argue that I'm pretty cheap. I don't like to quickly ruin my more pricey hats! Nuff said on that. ;)

Sorry, but then you'll just have to move! ;)

Though, seriously, Tilley makes a great hat for its purposes, and I would think it a stylish essential for your environs. 👍

The Elegant Oxford really does a great job of unboxing a pair on in this video, three pair(s) of shoes. Watching him handle all that fine leather and listening to his praises of the beauty of the shoe art he holds in his hands leaves no doubt that the loves his work and particularly the piece he presently holds in his hands. As a confirmed shoe whore, I really do love my shoes and boots....but perhaps, not quite that much! LOL. ;)

Judging by the gentleman's hands, he appears a younger man, and I'm delighted to see this degree of appreciation among later generations.

Hear, hear! 👍👍👍

eagle2250

We must cherish our eccentrics! They provide us with a whole other window on life. :icon_saint7kg:

I learned something brand new from the video on Top Hats. Specifically that "Mad Hatters" were self made men, their madness probably a result of the mercury they ingested when licking their fingers repeatedly as they smoothed and repositioned the threads in the fabric of the top hat. The fellow doing the video might want to take note of that fact. LOL. Thank you for this new tidbit of knowledge. ;)

Flanderian

Connoisseur
I learned something brand new from the video on Top Hats. Specifically that "Mad Hatters" were self made men, their madness probably a result of the mercury they ingested when licking their fingers repeatedly as they smoothed and repositioned the threads in the fabric of the top hat. The fellow doing the video might want to take note of that fact. LOL. Thank you for this new tidbit of knowledge. ;)

Quite welcome!

An unintended consequence of the trade -

As a young boy, along with enjoying chewing on lead soldiers while inhaling clouds of leaded high-test, a special pleasure was playing with the liquid silver contents of broken thermometers.

I know, explains a lot! ;)

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange