jon44

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I'm torn on this coat I got from Norway (it's returnable)
https://us.daleofnorway.com/yr-woolshell-weatherproof-mens-jacket

I like the functionality (magnetic closure is very cool) and the look of the body of the coat but the enormous lapels are giving me pause. Not only are they big, but there's no crisp crease between the lapel and the collar of the coat, giving the lapels a bit of a floppy look. (I'm wondering if a seamstress could hot-press in a crease to improve that.)
FWIW, I'm tall and thin with narrow face.
Any feedback appreciated.
J

Attachments

Mute

It appears to be that way by design. If you wish to have a proper collar, you'll probably have to order a different coat, something less focused on the specific functionality that this coat was designed to serve.

drpeter

Clicking on the thumbnail does not provide an enlarged picture, but the link did show a larger image. In one of the pictures, the collar and lapel, while large, appear to be pressed down, at least the one to the viewer's left is.

It may be possible for a good alterations tailor to recut the collar to a smaller size. I have had that done with shirt jackets, when I felt that the collar was too long and floppy at the ends. But if you are paying $700 plus shipping for this coat, then an expensive alteration will probably not be what you want. My advice is to try wearing it for a day or two and then return it, if you do not care for the looks.

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals