Seersucker for Graduation

southernstunna

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I'm graduating in May from college and I'm wondering if I can get away with wearing seersucker pants under my gown? Or is it too casual. I go to school in the deep south, so it will be very hot in May.

Orgetorix

Honors Member
I did it. Wore a seersucker suit to graduation, took off the jacket to put on my gown. If it's outdoor, warm, and sunny, as mine was, you really need something cool under the black polyester!

Memphis88

Congratulations from a fellow May 2010 college grad. I would think seersucker pants would be fine. I might do the same.

aikon

Go for it. I wore the same madras pants to my high school, colleage, and law school graduation.

Similarly, I wore a seersucker suit to middle school, hs, college and law school graduation. They make up for your coloring when you leave the party at 7am to get dressed for graduation.

Dingo McPhee

+1 to the "hell yes." I'm graduating from law school in three years, and I am already planning to buy a seersucker suit and white bucks to wear to graduation.

10gallonhat

Similarly, I wore a seersucker suit to middle school, hs, college and law school graduation. They make up for your coloring when you leave the party at 7am to get dressed for graduation.

You had a seersucker suit in middle school? You sir are a prep god.

Are you supposed to take off your jacket while wearing the gown and if so where do you put it? I'm also graduating in May and don't even remember what we did in high school.

aikon

You had a seersucker suit in middle school? You sir are a prep god.

Are you supposed to take off your jacket while wearing the gown and if so where do you put it? I'm also graduating in May and don't even remember what we did in high school.

I have to admit that I didn't appreciate how awesome it was, and at the time seersucker wasn't nearly as prevalent as it is today. My mom saw it at Banana Republic (of all places) and put me it in. Looking back, it was very cool of her and started a great tradition for me.

PMRuby

Like many of those who have already commented, I wore seersucker under my gown at my college graduation... and that was way north of where you are; I didn't get any odd looks or comments.

Joe Tradly

Elite Member
I graduated on the National Mall wearing a khaki suit under my gown. My parents held the jacket and gave it back when we retired to a very nice brunch at the Occidental Grill (a great spot if you haven't been).

JB

FlashForFreedom

If you wanted to really wear a GTH item and flash some school spirit, I recommend Pennington and Bailes.

2z57myw.jpg

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange