Woofa

Okay, I will start it off. Very reasonably priced consignment on this Brunello Cucinelli cashmere and leather sweater/jacket for Bergdorf Goodman's.
20170902_194015.jpg
20170902_194053_HDR.jpg

vonSuess

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I just got this on sale from Paul Fredrick. Could be better made, but I kind of like the double breasted look with these lapels.

I don't know if it looks better on me than on this guy, but I'm petty sure it doesn't look much worse, either...

Hans

orange fury

Connoisseur
OF - I'm curious about two things:

- How much did that Topster set you back?
- Where on earth will you wear that thing in south Tejas?
- $40 on eBay, which was less than the price on the original tag ($44)
- over an OCBD on cooler evenings (60's or lower). Since they're lightweight and unlined, I've actually gotten a lot of use out of my Topsters- they'll usually start coming out around thanksgiving. It's basically interchangeable with a cardigan.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
It's a red-letter day here at the Fading Fasts as my "High-Guage Cotton Cardigan" from J.Press' "Final" sale just arrived. $190 reduced to $38 ($190 is crazy / $38 is outstanding value as this is a tight weave, well-made sweater):

FullSizeRender-86.jpg
FullSizeRender-87.jpg

It fits exactly how I want it to fit, not skinny, but not baggy - great as is or under a sport coat. Kudos to J.Press, this is a really nicely made sweater.

FalconLorenzo

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I’ve been slowly refilling my wardrobe with XL-region clothes (down from barely fitting into 3XL stuff in December!

Today I got a JCPenny Stafford Nazy Hopsack Blazer back from the tailor. Also, I received delivery from Brooks Brothers of 3 very nice sweaters — a navy crewneck supima cotton, a navy cardigan supima cotton, and a white cableknit. In Love with all of them! I will post pictures tomorrow.

I also ordered three new Hyde Park OCBDs from Land’s End — White, Blue, and blue/white stripe. My smallest dress shirts are Ralph lauren shirts that are 2XB, and my favorite Brooks Brothers OCBDs are 19/35 — I’m pushing a 16.5/17 these days. I’m DESPARATE people!! lol Also threw in a yearrounder mid grey plaid wool trousers from LE in that order — can’t wait to get them next week!

I’m really, really struggling over here — my favorite clothes are all 10 inches/sizes too big and I’ve been barely getting by lately with polos and some new LL Bean Double L chinos.

FLMike

Connoisseur
Just received my Allen Edmonds eBay find. Nearly unworn pair of AE Patriot Penny Loafers in Dark Brown. Perfect! $75
Nice pick-up. I owned the same shoes for a short time, but they wore too tightly across the vamp and I finally had enough of the end-of-the-day pain in the tops of my feet. Had to get rid of them, reluctantly.

Oldsport

Thanks Mike. I went to the local Alden retailer and tried the Alden's you recommend. Just couldn't get to stay on my feet. That vamp is just too low. I tried...

ran23

Managed to win a L L Bean Lambswool Cardigan vest in yellow. $15.00. Closest I can find is their $128 vests. Navy Blazer loves it. bay purchase (love buying wool in summer)

LeeLo

Just received my Allen Edmonds eBay find. Nearly unworn pair of AE Patriot Penny Loafers in Dark Brown. Perfect! $75
Great choice! I have a pair in burgundy and brown and they are my favorite shoes that I own. If you're not ready for Alden LHS's these are a great alternative in terms of value and similar styling.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.