drpeter

That is a great looking jacket and I am generally a fan of high waisted trousers, but something about that picture (and I'm not sure what it is) gives me pause. :(
I agree. Could it be the colour and pattern of the tie? With two patterns in jacket and shirt, it is hard to have a large pattern in a different colour in the tie.

I would say, a russet grenadine tie would add just the right amount of interest in the outfit. It adds depth and a small pattern in keeping with the small houndstooth pattern in the jacket, and does not conflict with the university stripe on the shirt.

drpeter

Agreed. This jacket would also look wonderful with cream-coloured trousers -- cricketing white flannel, worn on cold days for matches, is actually the colour of Devon cream, and it will go beautifully with the grey and red, and pick up the bit of cream in the jacket.

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.