grooming Shaving soap dish turns green?

theCardiffGiant

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
In grad school a few years ago I dated a girl from Paris who gave me a badger hair brush and soap dish from Roger & Gallet, which I still use. I liked the fragrance (L'homme), wear it occasionally, and still shave with the soap, which can be had online for a decent price.

I think the dish is silver-plated, and over time it begins to turn green inside, as does the bottom of the soap.

I'm guessing I just need to clean the dish from time to time, perhaps not leave it wet when finished, etc. But is this potentially bad for my skin?

What would be the best way to clean the dish in this condition, if in fact it is silver-plated?

Thanks.

DukeGrad

Shaving dish

My friend

Best thing is to just get something else.I use a a soup cup, large tea cup. Whatever.
I bought one from Pzaulgraf years ago, and enjoy it immensely.
It is a nice blue design on he porcelain.

Anyway, years of wet shaving. I have learned. Badger brush should last years. I just let mine set down into the cup.
I did the matching set years ago, a waste. I have one razor, an old pewter one that I have. That I enjoy shaving with.
Roger and Gallet is an old firm, nice, inexpensive stuff.
On silver plate, use silver polish once a month.
And a secret trick. If there is stain, use acetone. No longer made. Except in nail polish remover.
All old military tricks I use
Nice day

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange