Shoe advice

Wyvern1138

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I've been neglecting my dress shoe wardrobe for several years. I think its about time I expanded it. What I have now is a fairly new pair of black cap toes and a well worn pair of black wingtips/brogues. Both pairs are balmoral oxfords.

I'd like to buy two pairs of bals in brown and burgundy, another in wingtip and a medallion cap/semi-brogue. So basically, there are two options:

brown wingtips and "cordovan" medallion caps
-or-
"cordovan" wingtips and brown medallion caps

Any thoughts one which color/style combinations would work best, and in which order?

Right now I'm leaning toward the latter combination, as I might want to get a pair or brown wingtip bluchers at some point, to wear with a coat and tie.

Wyvern1138

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Thanks. Is there a US brand to which they equate in terms of quality?

Another question related to my original post:

I've always rather liked the medallion cap toe, but I 've never owned a pair. They seem to fit in between wing tips and plain cap toes in terms of formality, so I'd imagine they go well with a point collar, button cuffed shirt. However, one of the suits/shirt combinations I was planning to pair them with is a 3-piece navy pinstripe and a blue French cuff shirt with a contrasting collar. Are medallion cap toes/semi-brogues dressy enough to be correctly worn with a French cuffed shirt?

The Louche

Are medallion cap toes/semi-brogues dressy enough to be correctly worn with a French cuffed shirt?

I don't think too many people would take issue with that, even most forum types. Certainly not anyone you'd encounter on the street. "Rules" about shoe appropriateness are more flexible than other clothing items anyway IMO because most people only have a few pairs anyhow.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange