At Law

Hello Gentlemen--

I literally loathe long shorts. Whether it be casual cotton shorts or running shorts.

I wear a lot of Polo RL clothing. However, their shorts are so long and baggy.

Can anyone suggest a good brand of shorter shorts. Not Magnum PI short, however shorter than the knee cap.

Thank you.

TGS

Andy

Site Creator/ Administrator
Staff member
1620151283595.png

At Law:

No brand recommendations, just some "rules" from The Encyclopedia of Men's Clothes, Shorts Chapter:

Shorts look best when they are mid thigh to just above the knee.

By Occasion:

The shorter the short the more appropriate it is for causal events or sports vs. dressier social occasions.

Bermuda shorts which come to just above the knee can actually be dressy (even worn with a sport jacket). Bermudas are not a good length on shorter men, who may want to consider the Jamaica short which is 2 to 3 inches higher.

By Body Style:

The Shorts Effect --
Shorts provide a horizontal line at the knee that can make you look shorter. Great for tall guys, but short men should be aware of this effect.

• Tall guys would do well in longer boxer style trunks.
  • Shorter men look best in trunks with shorter legs.
  • Thin men should steer clear of very short or very wide legs.
Width:

The width of leg style on shorts you chose will depend on your leg size. Guys with thin legs should wear a tapered design while heavy legs will look better in wider styles. The shorts leg should not be tight.

Tweedlover

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
View attachment 57425

At Law:

No brand recommendations, just some "rules" from The Encyclopedia of Men's Clothes, Shorts Chapter:

By Occasion:

The shorter the short the more appropriate it is for causal events or sports vs. dressier social occasions.

Bermuda shorts which come to just above the knee can actually be dressy (even worn with a sport jacket). Bermudas are not a good length on shorter men, who may want to consider the Jamaica short which is 2 to 3 inches higher.

By Body Style:

The Shorts Effect --
Shorts provide a horizontal line at the knee that can make you look shorter. Great for tall guys, but short men should be aware of this effect.

Width:

The width of leg style on shorts you chose will depend on your leg size. Guys with thin legs should wear a tapered design while heavy legs will look better in wider styles. The shorts leg should not be tight.
Exactly the only length shorts I wear. That guy could have been a part of the Village People. :D

At Law

Thank you, Gentlemen.

Yes, I don't want 4" inseam shorts. However 7" vs 10" I feel would be more comfortable and better looking.

I didn't realize Duck Head was back in the fray. I love that company. It reminds me of my old fraternity days. I ordered a pair of shorts, a pair of pants, a hat, a tshirt, and a polo shirt from them.

Love the Reno 911 character. :)

Thanks again, gentlemen.

Tom

EclecticSr.

Hello Gentlemen--

I literally loathe long shorts. Whether it be casual cotton shorts or running shorts.

I wear a lot of Polo RL clothing. However, their shorts are so long and baggy.

Can anyone suggest a good brand of shorter shorts. Not Magnum PI short, however shorter than the knee cap.

Thank you.

TGS
Would these be considered oxymoron ? "Long shorts"........"Shorter shorts"?
Their "shorts are long"..... and baggy?
Hey, just asking.;)

TKI67

Elite Member
View attachment 57425

At Law:

By Occasion:

By Body Style:

The Shorts Effect --

Width:

Sounds like a plug for Patagonia stand ups, my favorites!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.