Show us your favorite Harris Tweed items

gamma68

Honors Member
Hi, everyone. Now that the calendar has turned to fall and much of the nation is experiencing some chilly weather, I thought it would be nice to start a fun Harris Tweed thread. Show us your favorite HT items: jackets, suits, hats, ties, scarves...anything that sports the Orb logo. Vintage and well-loved or brand spanking new--it's all welcome here.

I'm excited to get this thread going by posting this beauty today that I thrifted today. The colors jumped out at me from the stuffed clothing rack in the store. Although it's hard to capture the colors via my iPhone, I'd say it has an overall coffee color with a subtle herringbone pattern; navy, purple, orange and green striping; and red and green flecks. It should be a very versatile jacket--and it fits perfectly to boot. Interior label says "Campus Mens Shop, Birmingham, Grosse Pointe." I think it may have come from the old Jacobson's department store chain, which was based in Michigan.

Looking forward to seeing what others would like to share.

alric

I paid thrift store prices this Harris tweed coat at a Jos. A. Banks outlet years ago, and have loved wearing it more than anything else I own ever since:

206751_10200289903234966_534452292_n.jpg

gamma68

Honors Member
I paid thrift store prices this Harris tweed coat at a Jos. A. Banks outlet years ago, and have loved wearing it more than anything else I own ever since:

Looks great, alric. Any chance you have additional photos of this item to post?

Danny

We love it!!

I even got someone to make a Harris Tweed cover for my mixer that sits on my desk for work.

gamma68

Honors Member
We love it!!

I even got someone to make a Harris Tweed cover for my mixer that sits on my desk for work.

This is great! Can you tell us about the case on the left and where you obtained these Harris Tweed items? Are they all custom-made?

L-feld

Elite Member
Here is one of my old favorites. It is a Harris Tweed that I've never seen anywhere else. Unfortunately, it's now too big for me and I'm selling it off. :(
9959688135_62152e9aa0_z.jpg

9959735966_0c2a4b3e9b_z.jpg

gamma68

Honors Member
Here is one of my old favorites. It is a Harris Tweed that I've never seen anywhere else. Unfortunately, it's now too big for me and I'm selling it off. :(

I saw your listings in the Trad Thrift Exchange. Wish they were a bit smaller. :(

firedancer

9959688135_62152e9aa0_z.jpg

9959735966_0c2a4b3e9b_z.jpg

Did you buy that from me? Super thick, made by orvis if I recall?
In any case, I had one at one time. Stunning!

L-feld

Elite Member
Did you buy that from me? Super thick, made by orvis if I recall?
In any case, I had one at one time. Stunning!

I don't think I bought it from you. This one predates my membership on the forum. It is indeed from Orvis. If I recall correctly, it was made by Hardwick, although at the time, I didn't know who Hardwick were.

gamma68

Honors Member
There have been some NICE jackets pictured here lately. Ensiferous is right about the addictive qualities of HT.

I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a really dark charcoal herringbone HT jacket. All the better if it's vintage, has a three-button front, throat latch, and patch pockets (yeah, I know, asking for the moon). Something along the lines of the photo below (in terms of the color--some flecks would also be nice). I'm all ears if anyone happens to have be looking to sell something like this in a 40R.
Topman+Harris+Tweed+Grey+Herringbone+Jacket+%2524360.jpg

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.