Show us your favorite Harris Tweed items

g3org3y

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
My blue HT blazer which has been my daily wearer of late.

IMG_1007_zpseabc4ec2.jpg

IMG_1009_zps5fb84c52.jpg

Nice detail under the collar
IMG_1010_zps215fff91.jpg

Edit to add: despite my best efforts in Photobucket (and it displaying properly there) it still shows the first image on its side. Apologies!

Last edited:

g3org3y

Thanks. It appears to be made by Harris Tweed themselves, there is no other maker's name. If you look at the lining, it also has the HT orb.

gamma68

Honors Member
A bit embarrassed, but I've got no HT in my closet. That is something I need to rectify after reading this thread.

In addition to eBay, members also offer HT jackets in the thrift exchange often. I sold one just last week!

EDIT: Since you're in Sweden, shipping from the USA may be more costly than you'd prefer. But no fear, there are many European sellers on eBay who sell HT.

Flairball

That's a great website! ANd makes me think I should move myself and my two spare rooms packed with racks of Exchange-destined clothing to Japan, where Dunn & Co Harris seems to fetch $280! :)

There is actually a pretty big market for thrifted vintage and trad style clothing in Japan. Plenty of younger people enjoy the style, but there aren't very many places to buy it. BB, J Press, and even Aquascutum (for british styling) are there, and are their home grown brand BEAMS offers a few nice items, much of the age range of the population that are interested in such clothing can't really afford to put together a decent rig.

I was in Osaka for a couple of days last month, and wish I'd have known about that store. I'll be sure to visit it in the future.

Anyway, I've taken us off course.

So,....my new HT Taransey is at the tailors having the sleeves adjusted. Stay tuned for it's debut later in the week.

Reuben

Honors Member
Hope to see pics of it here!

Sadly, no pics to be posted. Despite the measurements seeming like they'd be spot-on it turns out to be a rather odd cut on me. Looks a good 2" short despite measuring about what I'd need. Back it goes . . .

g3org3y

Two new purchases :)

IMG_1036_zps3e3618f2.jpg

Classic grey herringbone
IMG_1031_zps181bb97f.jpg

IMG_1032_zpsa4d87bf2.jpg

Blue/grey/green mix (sorry, the flash photos don't do this fabric justice)
IMG_1025_zpsba96edbb.jpg

IMG_1026_zpsc37bfbb2.jpg

Very happy, picked them up at a decent price. Wardrobe already struggling with current attire...not sure where these are going to go. Oh well! :biggrin:

gamma68

Honors Member
^ Looks like there are hacking pockets on the gray herringbone, yes? That's a nice feature.

Who is the maker of these HTs?

You're not sure where they're going to go? Hopefully with you as you wear them frequently.

g3org3y

^ Looks like there are hacking pockets on the gray herringbone, yes? That's a nice feature.

Who is the maker of these HTs?

You're not sure where they're going to go? Hopefully with you as you wear them frequently.

Hello gamma68,

Yes, hacking pockets on the herringbone.

Made by these chaps: https://savilerowco.com/ (Savile Row Company). The only thing I've bought from them in the past is a tie (albeit a nice one!). They seem nice and tbh they were at a price where I couldn't afford not to buy them (found them in TK Maxx).

Re your last point, indeed, but unfortunately I can't wear them all at once. My fiancée and I only have a small flat and space is at a premium. :cry:

gamma68

Honors Member
When you take a very close look at Harris Tweed, you enter another world. Cloth from a vintage Van Boven of Detroit/Ann Arbor HT that I sold on the Thrift Exchange a while back:

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.