ran23

I came down from 250 to 166 now. 39 chest, 34 waist. 5-8 to 5-7. I didn't think that 'slim' would work for me with my 66 yr old stomach. Just got a Banana Republic slim fit linen shirt (M) and it fits fine. May try a dress shirt next (15.5 x 33). Been meaning to try a BB Regent slim as suggested. I like the Nordstrum Trad fit.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
I came down from 250 to 166 now. 39 chest, 34 waist. 5-8 to 5-7. I didn't think that 'slim' would work for me with my 66 yr old stomach. Just got a Banana Republic slim fit linen shirt (M) and it fits fine. May try a dress shirt next (15.5 x 33). Been meaning to try a BB Regent slim as suggested. I like the Nordstrum Trad fit.
Congratulations on your rather substantial weight loss achievements. Paraphrasing that iconic line from Star Trek, "You have gone (done) what no man (few men) before you has been able to do!" Alas, I still have much to do interms of regaining control of my maturing waistline. LOL. ;) May you long enjoy your slimmed physique, as you continue to update your wardrobe, my friend.

scottfranklin

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Your proportions sound similar to mine (5'8, 170, 32-34" waist) and I was also surprised to find that "slim" fits suddenly applied. I've had very good fits out of Charles Tyrwhitt Slim Fit shirts (15.5 collar, 33" sleeve) and Ike Behar "Ike by Ike Behar" dress shirts in similar measurements, although they aren't explicitly slim fit. Also, if you're so inclined, Lucky slim 110 jeans fit well without looking too ridiculous on a 50 year old professor ;)

richard warren

“Slim fit” are just words used to describe most clothes sold now, irrespective of how they fit. Usually means made with an eye to saving a few pennies on fabric and/or to making normal men of whatever age look like, well, you know. A fad that will not pass because of materials costs.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange