poppies

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Hi all, I'm seeking derbys which hit all the following marks:

- $200 or less
- Dark brown suede
- Wingtip or longwing brouging
- Simple rubber soles

Any tips on what shoes check all the boxes? Something like the Alpine Swiss Beau as seen on Amazon, but not so bottom-of-the-barrel in quality, is the idea.

Thanks for any ideas!

poppies

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
After spending far too much time researching, I determined that I would need to either give the Alpine Swiss Beaus a chance, or spend far, far more on a stylistically similar but more well made pair. Since I've found chocolate suede must be considered a non-indefinite material for me (I love the color, but it gets marked up beyond my comfort level eventually), I couldn't stomach dropping the ducats required for the real thing and gave the Beaus a try.

They're really quite fine for the price. The suede is obviously low-end, but the construction is clean (no uneven cutting or glue splotches), and they're comfortably enough. They're suitably classic in style for my tastes.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else around here gives them a shot.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.