Howard

Connoisseur
This will be the thread of Pathmark where I'll be starting work this Wednesday.

Wednesday:12-6
Thursday:230pm-7pm
Friday:2pm-7pm
Saturday:12pm-4pm

Sundays,Mondays and Tuesdays are my days off but that could change at any time. Today,I filled out the W2 forms with loads of paperwork,got the Pathmark book,Got my discount cards,was shown around the building where everything is located:bathroom,breakroom,storage room and punch in/punch out time clock.I'm in the Union which is wonderful so I'm happy for that and I have a 30 day probation.And that's about it for now.My job coach will be there this Wednesday The 18th at 12pm to assist me in any way shape or form.It's part time about 20-25 hours 7.75-8 dollars an hour and they're going to start me off with 4 days for the moment and If I do good,My supervisor will increase my hours and days.Thanks to my job coach,my girlfriend and everyone else have been giving me the motivation I surely need to go back to work again.Anyway,I'll let you know what happens on Wednesday. :)

So when I start,I'm not going to be on the board as much as I used to but I'll be around just to say hello and stuff.You'll see me. :)

Last edited:

bigbris1

Congratulations Howard! Let me know if they still have the 29hr overtime rule & which Pathmark you'll be in.

Maybe if I had a job coach I'd have a job right now.

Howard

Connoisseur
Congratulations Howard! Let me know if they still have the 29hr overtime rule & which Pathmark you'll be in.

Maybe if I had a job coach I'd have a job right now.

The 29hr overtime rule,I'll try to make sure to ask.The Pathmark that I'll be in is on Jericho Turnpike in Garden City Park,Long Island.So that's about it,I'll see you guys tomorrow evening,Hopefully when I'll let you guys know about my very first day at work.Tomorrow is the 12pm-6pm shift.:)

Bris,Don't worry if you don't have a job coach,some of them help you to get jobs quicker because of their connections with the supervisor that they've known for many years so that's the fun part of his job.Making sure his clients are well taken care of by the company.

Last edited:

Howard

Connoisseur
I'm glad to see that you are embracing this opportunity.

Yes Forsberg,I really want to get back to work and make money so that's my goal right now with myself.

I'm pretty sure Pathmark has dress codes if you guys want to know about it.I think they all wear green button down shirts with the symbol on it.

lee_44106

Congratulations first of all and certainly good luck.

I've always loved Pathmark when I was living in NY.

Don't forget to shower us with your sagacious but succinct remarks, once in a while.

Howard

Connoisseur
Today was my very first day at Pathmark and boy was it exhausting.Today was the 12pm-6pm shift basically doing cart collecting with my co-worker Brian and some sweeping the outside where there are cigarette butts on the sidewalk from smoking.It was a bit confusing today cause It was my first day on the job.But you know something,I'm getting the hang of it collecting the carts.It's a sinch,I love it.Tomorrow is the 2pm-7pm shift so when I come home my feet will be aching with all that running around the parking lot doing cart collecting all day long with my job coach assisting me for half the shift.I got my own locker with locker number,my own gloves,orange with yellow striped vest they wear all the time when working outside and inside.And basically the co-workers are nice,I'm going to get along with them well.Everyone today was nice.Overall,I did great.My job coach is so confident that I will do well that maybe in the future,I might get full time or more hours added on with days.Well,that's about it for today.Tomorrow will be tiring so I'm going to need good sneakers.I wore loafers and my feet were red and blistery.Have a good day and I'll see you tomorrow. :)

If you want to know about the dress codes,It's light colored clothing in the summer,jeans or shorts whatever you'd like and winter heavy clothing if it gets cold and sneakers for your comfortable feet.The vests they wear are orange with yellow stripes in the middle.work gloves are what they wear for every day usage including collecting carts and sweeping inside and outside.That's basically it.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.