Howard

Connoisseur
Howard:

You'll be fine!
I was supposed to hear back from The Union Rep and it's 4pm now and he didn't call all day so it's either going to be good news or it's going to be bad news and I'm just weighing on the good, maybe he'll call tomorrow hopefully, My Father And I will find out and see.

Andy

Site Creator/ Administrator
Staff member
Howard:

You have a family here. A strong family who will support you so just relax and hang in there.

Remember sometimes the things that happen to you that you think are the absolutely worst can be a new magical open door to a different and better future!

Please keep us in the loop!

Howard

Connoisseur
Howard:

You have a family here. A strong family who will support you so just relax and hang in there.

Remember sometimes the things that happen to you that you think are the absolutely worst can be a new magical open door to a different and better future!

Please keep us in the loop!
I sure will, The Union Rep said that he will try to find me a place near me and that's good on my part because I don't have to travel much, I don't want to go back on food stamps and Social Security anymore, I want to work. My Parents told me that I ruined their lives because I lost my job and not bringing in a lot of money but I was able help pay the bills, I'm sorry I let them down. :(

Howard

Connoisseur
I was worried you could be a victim not a perpetrator.
Maybe that's why the guy hasn't called, The Union Rep has a few Stop N Shops that he is associated with and this employee who worked at Stop N Shop was trying to get his job back and what a coincidence, I'm waiting to get my job back myself but I would never do something disgusting as that employee did, I'd move on.

Big T

I sure will, The Union Rep said that he will try to find me a place near me and that's good on my part because I don't have to travel much, I don't want to go back on food stamps and Social Security anymore, I want to work. My Parents told me that I ruined their lives because I lost my job and not bringing in a lot of money but I was able help pay the bills, I'm sorry I let them down. :(
Howard, if your parents said you ruined their lives, I would bet that was said in the heat of the moment and was not meant. I would also bet, though they may not be able to verbalize it, that they regret saying it and are sorry.

In any case, do not let this affect your relationship with them. Life is too short and ends too quickly. Don’t let your future be filled with regrets.

Howard

Connoisseur
Howard, if your parents said you ruined their lives, I would bet that was said in the heat of the moment and was not meant. I would also bet, though they may not be able to verbalize it, that they regret saying it and are sorry.

In any case, do not let this affect your relationship with them. Life is too short and ends too quickly. Don’t let your future be filled with regrets.
I understand Big T, I always came home with a paycheck waiting for me every Wednesday online when my Father prints out the paystub from the website, I think they just said it because they were angry at me because I did something stupid and I might lose my job after working hard for nearly 15 years being a cart attendant, I don't want to let stupid things get to me, life is too short for regrets, I love My Parents, it's just the silly things I do that makes them angry.

Andy

Staff member
Howard:

You can certainly stay in a similar job, one that you know well and are comfortable in, but to me you’ve been given a golden opportunity to step outside your comfort zone and find a new, maybe better career!

You like people, so consider hotel work, restaurant (and you like food), or how about working in a men’s shop or Department store?

It’s a great chance to do some soul searching (actually on this Forum, I think it’s “sole” searching) and see exactly what you want to do for work. It seems that if one finds something they really like to do, they are happier AND money comes to them effortlessly.

Howard

Connoisseur
Howard:

You can certainly stay in a similar job, one that you know well and are comfortable in, but to me you’ve been given a golden opportunity to step outside your comfort zone and find a new, maybe better career!

You like people, so consider hotel work, restaurant (and you like food), or how about working in a men’s shop or Department store?

It’s a great chance to do some soul searching (actually on this Forum, I think it’s “sole” searching) and see exactly what you want to do for work. It seems that if one finds something they really like to do, they are happier AND money comes to them effortlessly.
But Andy I don't have a College Degree (Diploma), I graduated High School in 1992 and half my life I went to vocational programs, had a lot of job coaches to help me, went to therapies and was around handicapped people loads of times so Hotel Work and being in the restaurant business is a no for me but maybe something to do in a small department store near me but I'd have to do part-time, not full time right now.

Andy

Staff member
But Andy I don't have a College Degree (Diploma), I graduated High School in 1992 and half my life I went to vocational programs, had a lot of job coaches to help me, went to therapies and was around handicapped people loads of times so Hotel Work and being in the restaurant business is a no for me but maybe something to do in a small department store near me but I'd have to do part-time, not full time right now.
Howard:

You should let NOTHING limit you! Think positive. Think global! There is really nothing in this world you can not accomplish!

Big T

Howard, your background would indicate you to be a very empathetic person, fitting in well with service jobs, such as hotels and restaurants. Keep in mind many of us only speak of our wins, and hardly ever of our failures.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Howard, hang in there...this situation will eventually work itself out. I don't know a single person worth a salt that hasn't occasionally been knocked down by life and the difference between the winners and the losers is that the winners get back up, dust themselves off and keep on getting on! Howard....you are a winner! Don't forget that. ;)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.