Howard

Connoisseur
Howard, your background would indicate you to be a very empathetic person, fitting in well with service jobs, such as hotels and restaurants. Keep in mind many of us only speak of our wins, and hardly ever of our failures.
I don't know if I can handle service jobs, I would need to go back to having job coaches help me in getting part time work again & I don't want to sit at home collecting food stamps and social security again, I want to work and make money.

Howard

Connoisseur
Howard, hang in there...this situation will eventually work itself out. I don't know a single person worth a salt that hasn't occasionally been knocked down by life and the difference between the winners and the losers is that the winners get back up, dust themselves off and keep on getting on! Howard....you are a winner! Don't forget that. ;)
I'm still waiting for the Union Rep to call back, it's been a while and My Father And I are thinking that the guy is dealing with The Stop N Shop on Long Island, you know the guy who shot a few people over there so maybe that's why it's taking a while.

Howard

Connoisseur
This Friday is the meeting, The Union Rep called this morning to talk to My Father, I don't know but I don't think it looks good at all, I might have have to file for temporary unemployment but on the good side The Union Rep will try to find me a supermarket other than Stop N Shop closest to my house, time to face the music. :(

Last edited:

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
This Friday is the meeting, The Union Rep called this morning to talk to My Father, I don't know but I don't think it looks good at all, I might have have to file for temporary unemployment but on the good side The Union Rep will try to find me a supermarket other than Stop N Shop closest to my house time to face the music. :(
Hang in there Howard. It's not over...till it's over. ;)

Big T

This Friday is the meeting, The Union Rep called this morning to talk to My Father, I don't know but I don't think it looks good at all, I might have have to file for temporary unemployment but on the good side The Union Rep will try to find me a supermarket other than Stop N Shop closest to my house time to face the music. :(
My take on the call, is the union rep is looking for an “easy out”, reading the tea leaves, so to speak. The call was to determine if you were going to wage a strong defense for yourself.

Without knowing details (and I don’t want to know), we can only give advice as if you were a member of our families. But, I would suggest to my kid, if they did something wrong, be honest and own up to it. Ask for forgiveness from the store, and regardless of the outcome, thank your employer, and, if adverse towards you, ask if they will reconsider.

Howard

Connoisseur
My take on the call, is the union rep is looking for an “easy out”, reading the tea leaves, so to speak. The call was to determine if you were going to wage a strong defense for yourself.

Without knowing details (and I don’t want to know), we can only give advice as if you were a member of our families. But, I would suggest to my kid, if they did something wrong, be honest and own up to it. Ask for forgiveness from the store, and regardless of the outcome, thank your employer, and, if adverse towards you, ask if they will reconsider.
Thanks Big T, I already know I'm going to be fired and to let you know, I stole, I'm embarrassed from what I did and this happened close to my 14 years working as a cart retriever and My Father said to me why do you need to steal when you have money in the god damn bank? :angry: He has a right to be so angry to me and so do I.

Big T

Thanks Big T, I already know I'm going to be fired and to let you know, I stole, I'm embarrassed from what I did and this happened close to my 14 years working as a cart retriever and My Father said to me why do you need to steal when you have money in the god damn bank? :angry: He has a right to be so angry to me and so do I.
We've all done things in our past, that we are not proud of, Howard. I know of several of my employees, through the years, that have stolen. However, I weigh the good they bring to my company and that outweighs the little they have taken, without permission.

Howard

Connoisseur
We've all done things in our past, that we are not proud of, Howard. I know of several of my employees, through the years, that have stolen. However, I weigh the good they bring to my company and that outweighs the little they have taken, without permission.
We all have some sort of compulsions that we aren't proud of but once I can put this blunder behind me I can move on with my life and forget that this ever happened cause it was a stupid & silly thing to do.

Howard

Connoisseur
The meeting will be this Friday at 10am, My Father will attend along with the Union Rep as well, The Union Rep had said to My Father this morning on the phone, they have him on camera and that's a bad thing, I don't really know if they will reconsider, I am a good worker for well over a decade and I didn't mean to put myself in hot water from what I did, I really hope they can turn things around but if not I am terminated and I will need to get temporary unemployment and hopefully The Union Rep will find me a place closest to my house.

Howard

Connoisseur
Just got back from the meeting with My Father And The Union Rep and I don't think it looks good for me at all, I was nervous in the office and I was trying to plead to the manager, "Please reconsider" while folding my hands but he said "If I could I would" it's not up to me, He told me and My Father that there was footage from an outside company (Loss Prevention) that took the filming of me, they might view it but there's going to be a 2nd meeting coming up (investigation) and I think I'm terminated,Sorry If I did something really stupid, I let Me And My Parents down cause money was coming in and now there won't be any, don't know what to do at this point, I really messed myself up. ☹

Howard

Connoisseur
And once you're caught by Loss Prevention, you're pretty much terminated, nothing much you can do I can forgive and reconsider all I want but it won't help. ☹

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
And once you're caught by Loss Prevention, you're pretty much terminated, nothing much you can do I can forgive and reconsider all I want but it won't help. ☹
Howard, you may be right...at this point in the scenario, you may in fact be terminated. However, you can learn valuable lessons from this experience and then move on and fully live the rest of your life, never repeating the bad judgement and being a better person for it!

Big T

Howard, your openness in admitting your guilt, says a lot of positives about your character. If it were me, I would give you another chance.

Howard

Connoisseur
Howard, you may be right...at this point in the scenario, you may in fact be terminated. However, you can learn valuable lessons from this experience and then move on and fully live the rest of your life, never repeating the bad judgement and being a better person for it!
Thanks Eagle, I'm not a kleptomaniac at all, maybe I had made decisions in my life, I want to try to learn from those situations and not repeat it, My Parents and I know of my disability (OCD) and they know what I'm all about, You never know when someone's watching you.

Howard

Connoisseur
Howard, your openness in admitting your guilt, says a lot of positives about your character. If it were me, I would give you another chance.
Thank You Big T, I know I have a disability (OCD) and I admit it but I want to learn from my dumbass mistakes so that I don't wind up repeating them in the future.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.