Study: US is an oligarchy, not a democracy

immanuelrx

I do not drink ales, I never really acquired a taste for it. However, those in the know, always spoke highly of the acclaimed Taddy Porter.

Samuel+Smith's+Taddy+Porter.jpg

Their Taddy Porter is quite tasty. Man, I want a beer now! Is 11:30 am too early?

Acct2000

Connoisseur - Moderator
I have a bottle of the Taddy Porter waiting for the right moment to try it. I love the Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout. The Organic Chocolate Stout is also magnificent. I've really enjoyed every Samuel Smith's beer I ever tried.

Alas, I have flu symptoms pretty bad today, so the Taddy Porter will have to wait until next week!

immanuelrx

I have a bottle of the Taddy Porter waiting for the right moment to try it. I love the Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout. The Organic Chocolate Stout is also magnificent. I've really enjoyed every Samuel Smith's beer I ever tried.

Alas, I have flu symptoms pretty bad today, so the Taddy Porter will have to wait until next week!
I have seen the Organic Chocolate Stout a few times but have yet to try it. I guess I will have to pick up a bottle today while I am at Whole Foods. Get well!

Kingstonian

To be fair to Sam Smith's, their beers are cheap and their pubs in London are very attractive (The Princess Louise, Cittie of Yorke , Dover Castle etc.) It is nearly as cheap as Wetherspoons, but all drinks served are Sam Smiths brands - including spirits.

Unfortunately their ales are not very nice - Old Brewery bitter etc. So I usually drink elsewhere.

Actually the "etc." is redundant. I did ask for pint of Museum in Cittie of Yorke, to be told they had stopped brewing it years ago. So now it is just Old Brewery bitter as the remaining draft ale. I don' t drink bottled beers in pubs.

Last edited:

immanuelrx

To be fair to Sam Smith's, their beers are cheap and their pubs in London are very attractive (The Princess Louise, Cittie of Yorke , Dover Castle etc.) It is nearly as cheap as Wetherspoons, but all drinks served are Sam Smiths brands - including spirits.

Unfortunately their ales are not very nice - Old Brewery bitter etc. So I usually drink elsewhere.

Actually the "etc." is redundant. I did ask for pint of Museum in Cittie of Yorke, to be told they had stopped brewing it years ago. So now it is just Old Brewery bitter as the remaining draft ale. I don' t drink bottled beers in pubs.

I would hope not. Drinking bottled beers in a pub is almost a travesty! ;)

immanuelrx

Well, there are some franchised spots around DC - they are called "Dogfish Head Alehouse." Good for burgers and hanging around, but the food isn't half as good as the Rehoboth spot. For a while, I lived about a $7 cab ride from the Falls Church location, so I was somewhat of a regular. The upside is they carry all of the hard-to-get beers. I think there is one in Rockville, too.
Huh.... I wonder why they told me the Rehoboth beach location was the only restaurant? I didn't know I had 3 restaurants closer. I will have to check them out. Thanks for the heads up!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.