Dhaller

Advanced Member
When I lived in Manila (early-mid-90s), I had a double-breasted peak lapel navy linen sport* coat from Ralph Lauren. I don't think you could find such a thing today (bespoke only). It was pretty elegant.

I remember wearing it to meet friends for drinks at the Peninsula Hotel (in Manila everything centers around very "luxe" hotels), adding a Panama hat and a white pocket square, and a young Thai lady remarked that I looked like a gangster from a 1930s Hong Kong film.

I accepted the complement.

DH

* sometimes, you can pile on the adjectives!

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
When I lived in Manila (early-mid-90s), I had a double-breasted peak lapel navy linen sport* coat from Ralph Lauren. I don't think you could find such a thing today (bespoke only). It was pretty elegant.

I remember wearing it to meet friends for drinks at the Peninsula Hotel (in Manila everything centers around very "luxe" hotels), adding a Panama hat and a white pocket square, and a young Thai lady remarked that I looked like a gangster from a 1930s Hong Kong film.

I accepted the complement.

DH

* sometimes, you can pile on the adjectives!
High praise, indeed.

Peak and Pine

Connoisseur
Maybe a little too new and pressed to be let out in the real rumpled world, but junior here looks remarkably better than that 15 year-old did in the semi-controversial thread Perfect elegance [or something], which it wasn't.

fc45589cf56e6e245bc429b61b51e3b3.jpg

Edit: I so wish they had taught me spelling in grammar school.

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.