Surcingle Belt with Dark Brown Tab

Dr.Watson

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Sorry for the bold type; my computer won't let me change it for some reason.

The vastmajority of surcingle belts have tan leather tabs, but as most of my shoes are darkbrown/cordorvan, I would like to have a closer match. Leatherman used to havethis as an option when ordering (as I recall in fax crocodile leather), but it seems they no longer offer it.

I don’t carethat much (I’ve worn my tan Leatherman belt for a decade with all colors ofshoes), but just thought I would ask y'all in case some option existed.

orange fury

Connoisseur
I'll throw in a vote for Belted Cow- I have 4, and I love them. All have a brass buckle and dark brown tab. Also, Lands End has khaki, navy, and black with a dark brown tab- they're pretty decently made, especially on sale.

Last edited:

August West

Another thought; Vineyard Vines. I have one and the tab is dark brown for sure. They are USA made, so it's possible that Belted Cow could be the maker as well.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
^^
Very impressive range of offerings by Barron's Hunter. I can see a few additional belting options in my future. Thanks for sharing that website with us...I think! :icon_scratch:

Dr.Watson

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Thanks for all the suggestions; it looks like Barrons-Hunter is has exactly what I'm looking for.

I may try dyeing my old Leatherman belt first, though, just for fun.

Fraser Tartan

Thanks for all the suggestions; it looks like Barrons-Hunter is has exactly what I'm looking for.

I may try dyeing my old Leatherman belt first, though, just for fun.

Those Leather Man Ltd. surcingle belts, at least all the ones I've seen, use top-grain (corrected grain) leather. That may complicate things.

Fraser Tartan

Top-grain leather has had the surface sanded down and a finish applied. That finish may interfere with the dyeing processs, causing the dye to take unevenly. I'm thinking that one might want to remove that finish beforehand. I don't know. I would suggest doing some research before going ahead.

HOOT

I'm glad that I could help. They're the only ones I've found that have a proper Ivy style rounded buckle, all the others I've tried (including Eliza B/Leatherman) are much too square.

I use leatherman because their belts are 1.25" wide. I love Barron-Hunters selection but 1.5" is too wide for me. Same with Belted Cow.

Ox, not all of them are 1.5" wide, actually most of them aren't:

Surcingle: 1.25"
Belgian Surcingle: 1.375"
Belgian Stretch: 1.375"
Motif: 1.375"
Wide Grosgrain: 1.5"

ClassicTop

Starting Member
I have to give some praise to Clayton & Crume, a local company here in Kentucky. They make HIGH quality leather goods and their surcingle belts are fantastic. I ordered a custom belt from them when they were just a start-up six years ago. It looks the same today's as it did the day I picked it up. I can't say enough about the quality. They have other products that I believe some of you would also enjoy. Check them out here:

Fraser Tartan

Leather Man Ltd. has a squarish buckle and a rounded buckle. If you specify in the notes when you place an order that you want the rounded buckle, they will use that when they make your belt. It's not quite the traditional horseshoe-like buckle but its closer.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.