• Staff

Andy

Site Creator/ Administrator
Staff member
Thanksgiving is a national holiday celebrated on various dates in the United States, Canada, Brazil, Grenada, Saint Lucia, and Liberia, and the sub-national entities Leiden, Norfolk Island, and the inhabited territories of the United States.

Get ready by reviewing these AskAndy articles:

Turkey Cooking and Carving
Table Manners (Even if it's only two of you this year!)

iam.mike

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
Good stuff Andy!

Out of all the Thanksgiving's, the two most memorable for me related to food were:
1. Deep fried Turkey
2. Leg of Lamb instead of Turkey one year (yum)

Curious as to what other's favorite Thanksgiving dinner or side dish is?

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
We have occasionally served Standing Rib Roast/Prime Rib at Thanksgiving (or Christmas). Otherwise, the sequence is Turkey for Thanksgiving, Prime Rib for Christmas and a Roast Crown of Pork for New Years...and then we wonder, where did all this extra weight come from?

The tip I offer is if you find yourself running behind schedule in the kitchen and family/company are on their way to the feast, you can shorten the roasting time for the turkey by pouring almost boiling water over the just thawed turkey to shrink the skin...it also shortens the roasting time for the bird! Nuff said. ;)

• Staff

Andy

Site Creator/ Administrator
Staff member
Mike:

It's always been roast turkey! 🦃

But since we're not having our 40+ year traditional dinner with our friends, my wife and I will just have a turkey breast for the first time! Wish me luck.

iam.mike

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
We have occasionally served Standing Rib Roast/Prime Rib at Thanksgiving
Now that sounds really good too!

you can shorten the roasting time for the turkey by pouring almost boiling water over the just thawed turkey to shrink the skin
Man, that's Pro Tip. Thanks @eagle2250. I'll be in Detroit this year visiting my Mom for Thanksgiving, so if we're running behind, I'll be sure to use this tip.

my wife and I will just have a turkey breast for the first time! Wish me luck.
Good luck. Hope you and Malinda have a great Turkey day :)

My Mother,and now my wife (bless her) always roast 6 legged Turkeys. I'm the only one in the family who likes...LOVES....dark meat.

Back when my wife and I were dating she came to my Mom's house for Thanksgiving. Typically she would roast the drumsticks in a sep pan but that year she lined them up along the side of the bird!!! Been a tradition save for this year. 1 breast 4 drums and 4 thighs!!!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.