eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
How do you guys eat your spaghetti pasta and what's the right way to twirl the fork? Cause I've seen people not do it the correct way.
Or you could just cut it up into bite sized lengths and proceed to just shovel it in. I have to get me one of those spiraled handle! Any ideas on where such might be purchased? Howard your post has inspired me to initiate another retail quest! Thank you. ;)

Big T

Being raised on pasta, quite frankly, I have absolutely no recollection of anyone with olive oil flowing through their veins, twirling pasta on a spoon.

What I remember vividly, were proper Sunday dinners, with men eating first, with all dressed in white shirts, ties AND bibs. Short or long sleeves, didn't matter. The rest of the week, it was wear whatever!

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
Being raised on pasta, quite frankly, I have absolutely no recollection of anyone with olive oil flowing through their veins, twirling pasta on a spoon.

What I remember vividly, were proper Sunday dinners, with men eating first, with all dressed in white shirts, ties AND bibs. Short or long sleeves, didn't matter. The rest of the week, it was wear whatever!
The only person I ever saw twirl pasta on a spoon was my grandfather. He was a very fastidious individual and may have done it to avoid needing a bib. I never asked. But he taught me to do that when I was small and still getting my pasta cut up by my mother. After a few years of that I figured out how to twirl the fork against the plate like any sensible Italian. But then, he also put salt on his watermelon and I never did figure out what that was about.

Big T

The only person I ever saw twirl pasta on a spoon was my grandfather. He was a very fastidious individual and may have done it to avoid needing a bib. I never asked. But he taught me to do that when I was small and still getting my pasta cut up by my mother. After a few years of that I figured out how to twirl the fork against the plate like any sensible Italian. But then, he also put salt on his watermelon and I never did figure out what that was about.
Being an Italian and Sicilian mix, we were not sensible! I've learned to order "penne" pasta, when dining out - allows me to insert my fork inside the tube to avoid splatters (does not cure drips!).

My father put salt on his watermelon.

Howard

Connoisseur
Or you could just cut it up into bite sized lengths and proceed to just shovel it in. I have to get me one of those spiraled handle! Any ideas on where such might be purchased? Howard your post has inspired me to initiate another retail quest! Thank you. ;)

I twirl mine with a fork then try to slurp it up afterwards.

TKI67

Cause it's not real spaghetti.
Agreed! I don't use a spoon to twirl long pasta. I toss the pasta in the pan with the sauce rather than putting sauce on the pasta. I like a little Parmigiana-Reggiano but not too much. For some pasta dishes like Cacio e Pepe I prefer Pecorino Romano. I do not recall ever eating Spaghetti-Os. I rarely use spaghetti. I much prefer linguine, fettuccine, bucatini, and, for Bolognese, home made pappardelle.

Howard

Connoisseur
Agreed! I don't use a spoon to twirl long pasta. I toss the pasta in the pan with the sauce rather than putting sauce on the pasta. I like a little Parmigiana-Reggiano but not too much. For some pasta dishes like Cacio e Pepe I prefer Pecorino Romano. I do not recall ever eating Spaghetti-Os. I rarely use spaghetti. I much prefer linguine, fettuccine, bucatini, and, for Bolognese, home made pappardelle.
I used to eat Spaghetti-O's even though they were very high in sodium (770mg) I needed a salt fix.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
How do you guys eat your spaghetti pasta and what's the right way to twirl the fork? Cause I've seen people not do it the correct way.
Thanks to both Howard for the inspiration and to Oldsarge for his situational intelligence, my Twizzler Spaghetti Forks are on the way and should be on my front porch early next week. In response to member TKI67's post #378, it was probably the gimmick of the design that hooked me on this purchase, like a big fish waiting to be caught...and SWMBO will roll her eyes at the arrival of another must have trinket to be added to the hoard! She is a patient lass. ;)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals