eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Search YouTube for "Katrina Eats Kilos". This is a petite, young lady, that is a competitive eater. Search out her "Olive Garden Unlimited Pasta" challenge. She eats seven bowls of pasta, bread sticks and salad!
"Seven bowls of pasta" and she's kept her petite girlish figure? Now that's my kind of woman! On the other hand, Mrs Eagle eats like a bird and stings like a "Asian monster hornet!" I'd better be careful what I put in these posts. LOL. ;)

Howard

Connoisseur
Thank you for a well needed word of caution for eating out, Howard. You are spot-on with your assessment, but your conclusion(s) could also be applied to meals purchased in almost any restaurant. LOL. ;)

I remember I had the all you can eat pasta salad and breadsticks.

TKI67

I am hoping those are grape (vs cherry) tomatoes, as they offey a much richer and sweeter flavor. Cherry tomatoes can cause one to pucker up...they are a bit tart. ;)
I have been getting those cartons of grape tomatoes in red, yellow, and something close to plum colored. They are excellent. In a cooked dish I'll bet they are even better roasted. I usually use roasted Campari tomatoes in my own version of shrimp grits, but I am thinking roasted grape tomatoes may be a worthwhile tweak.

Big T

I am hoping those are grape (vs cherry) tomatoes, as they offey a much richer and sweeter flavor. Cherry tomatoes can cause one to pucker up...they are a bit tart. ;)
Ah reminds me of a tale, from when SWMBO and I were first dating (late 70s!). Anyhow, Eagle, if you remember State College, do you recall the Arena Restaurant, just off Beaver Ave.? In the town where we now live (DuBois) there was also an Arena. It was the first anywhere around here with a salad bar and was great. Future wife and I were there, and I filled up my plate with salad bar stuff, with what I thought were cherry tomatoes. Like the hog I was, I popped the whole thing in my mouth, bit in and promptly sprayed the table (and future wife) with remnants of a red, hot pepper.

TKI67

Ah reminds me of a tale, from when SWMBO and I were first dating (late 70s!). Anyhow, Eagle, if you remember State College, do you recall the Arena Restaurant, just off Beaver Ave.? In the town where we now live (DuBois) there was also an Arena. It was the first anywhere around here with a salad bar and was great. Future wife and I were there, and I filled up my plate with salad bar stuff, with what I thought were cherry tomatoes. Like the hog I was, I popped the whole thing in my mouth, bit in and promptly sprayed the table (and future wife) with remnants of a red, hot pepper.
I hope you still enjoyed the peppers. I love hots but on grinders/subs/hoagies.

Big T

I hope you still enjoyed the peppers. I love hots but on grinders/subs/hoagies.
I also love them on grinders (that was a State College, PA name, but west in PA, they were called hoagies), and on pizza.

But at that restaurant, I did not enjoy the salad much more. I'm luck SWMBO is good natured (and has a poor long term memory!).

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
LOL...It is from situations such as that which you describe, from which true love makes itself known! Having spent four years at the University Park campus, I regret having to admit I do not recall the Arena Restaurant. Our family Doc tells me it is because I am getting old; Mrs Eagle tells me I've always had a poor memory; and my granddaughter says it's because I just don't listen. Jeez Louise, those women can be hard on a guy's ego! LOL. ;)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.