Big T

Being Italian (not full blooded as I'm also Sicilian), I was born, raised and subsist to this day on pasta, though our pasta was always #2 spaghetti, sauced cooked for hours with pork shoulder, and either meatballs or veal cutlets, on the side.

What was rare, is never seeing the jug of wine (portrayed in movies) around. Always ginger ale! Go figure!

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
pasta isn't a breakfast but by the way sure you can have some. :)
Having grown up in a home where my mother didn't really cook, I learned to eat whatever whenever. So while there was a nod toward "normal" breakfast foods in my house (cereal, toast, etc.), I ate what I could and leftovers from the night before were usually a good options.

Many a childhood (and, now, adult) breakfasts were happily made out of leftover pasta (mac and cheese blasted in the microwave sent me off to school quite happy and quite often) or other "dinner" foods.

People should eat what they want to eat, but it is just a social construct that makes us think this or that food isn't a breakfast food, etc. To be sure, depending on your work, you might adjust your meals to that schedule, but big picture, I don't buy the "breakfast" or "dinner" food construct.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
Having grown up in a home where my mother didn't really cook, I learned to eat whatever whenever. So while there was a nod toward "normal" breakfast foods in my house (cereal, toast, etc.), I ate what I could and leftovers from the night before were usually a good options.

Many a childhood (and, now, adult) breakfasts were happily made out of leftover pasta (mac and cheese blasted in the microwave sent me off to school quite happy and quite often) or other "dinner" foods.

People should eat what they want to eat, but it is just a social construct that makes us think this or that food isn't a breakfast food, etc. To be sure, depending on your work, you might adjust your meals to that schedule, but big picture, I don't buy the "breakfast" or "dinner" food construct.
Growing up, one of my favorite summer breakfasts was cold fried chicken. In the winter it was bean soup.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Growing up, one of my favorite summer breakfasts was cold fried chicken. In the winter it was bean soup.
The chicken, in particular, sound wonderful. To this day, one of my favorite parts of ordering in pizza for dinner is having cold pizza from the fridge for breakfast (sometimes, I do heat it up, but if time is tight, it's straight from the fridge to mouth).

Howard

Connoisseur

I always associated breakfast with eggs, sausage, pancakes, cereal and or bacon to name a few.

Howard

Connoisseur
The chicken, in particular, sound wonderful. To this day, one of my favorite parts of ordering in pizza for dinner is having cold pizza from the fridge for breakfast (sometimes, I do heat it up, but if time is tight, it's straight from the fridge to mouth).

If I ate pizza for breakfast then what would I have for lunch?

Howard

Connoisseur
I don't know why I hate eggplant when My Mother makes it with Spaghetti, My mind thinks it's disgusting and slimy and I almost choke up, I just can't eat it, I'd rather eat it in a sandwich like a eggplant parmigiana if you know what I mean. I'm not insulting her cooking or anything, I can't finish the whole thing so I just eat the spaghetti instead. It also goes with the clam sauce, I find it quite nauseating.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.