eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
I think it's paté.
I'm inclined to agree with Oldsarge on this call, but must admit that the only pate' I have ever experienced was of a light brown/tan hue...not decidedly green, as pictured above. However, is there any such thing as 'avocado pate' or perhaps it is an aged goose pate'? Goose pate I have eaten was a bit of a grey hue on the plate. :icon_scratch:;)

eagle2250

I love Spaghetti And Sausage.
The entree for this Sundays family dinner will be Shrimp Scampi on a bed of angel hair pasta, or in other words, spaghetti and shrimp, sauteed in garlic with chopped up asparagus spears and sliced red peppers to seduce the palates of those fortunate enough to be sitting around that table! LOL. ;)

Howard

Connoisseur
The entree for this Sundays family dinner will be Shrimp Scampi on a bed of angel hair pasta, or in other words, spaghetti and shrimp, sauteed in garlic with chopped up asparagus spears and sliced red peppers to seduce the palates of those fortunate enough to be sitting around that table! LOL. ;)

Sounds delicious, all this pasta talk I can't wait till we go back to Italian restaurants and enjoy some spaghetti.

TKI67

Elite Member
Do my eyes deceive me or is that andouille sausage sliced in that pasta, an upgraded version of the fictional Sheldon Coopers (Big Bang series) favored way to consume pasta...and to my mind, much better than the spaghetti with hotdogs that they laud in the show! I just might have to give that a try. ;)
Looks like it. The cool thing to me is that the uncooked spaghetti is pushed through the pieces of sausage and then they are boiled so that each piece of sausage has a bunch of cooked spaghetti running through it!

eagle2250

Looks like it. The cool thing to me is that the uncooked spaghetti is pushed through the pieces of sausage and then they are boiled so that each piece of sausage has a bunch of cooked spaghetti running through it!
"Holy cow" When cruising the forum yesterday, I must not have had my glasses on, for I flat out missed the spaghetti pushing through the sausage slices. How did they manage to do that? :icon_scratch: ;)

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
It's really quite simple, Eagle. By slicing the sausage you expose the soft center. Stiff, uncooked pasta slides through it very neatly. Then you just drop the slices into boiling water and leave them there long enough for the pasta to cook, drain and serve with whatever you think enhances the sausage. With Andouille you can either go Cajun or Provincial French. Excellent, either way.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange