The All Things Pasta Thread

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
tumblr_8e94f6f159a8fb68f7d6f97dbc4655ac_3bee258f_640.jpg

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Tomorrow's family dinner entree will be Shrimp Scampi served on a bed of Angel Hair pasta, paired with asparagus spears and a medley of sweet peppers, mushrooms and onions; and a garden salad, for those so inclined. The wife is going to crank out freshly baked bread sticks and she tells me, should I be so lucky, she will bake some of those Triple Berry fruit tarts I was swooning over in an earlier thread this morning! Yum...I hope. ;)

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Is that octopus cause for a second there I thought those were worms in the spaghetti.

Howard, if you get past the visual and dig into that pasta dish, it really is pretty darned good. The combination of the pasta and the octopus tendrils in one's mouth is truly a textural gastronomic adventure! I really get a kick out of mixing tiny octopuses in a salad. Hmmmn,,,,I wonder if Publix has any in the fresh fish and seafood section today. :icon_scratch:;)

Howard

Connoisseur
Howard, if you get past the visual and dig into that pasta dish, it really is pretty darned good. The combination of the pasta and the octopus tendrils in one's mouth is truly a textural gastronomic adventure! I really get a kick out of mixing tiny octopuses in a salad. Hmmmn,,,,I wonder if Publix has any in the fresh fish and seafood section today. :icon_scratch:;)
Heck No, just put meatballs in mine.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
Squid, either in small calamari or large steaks, is not only a great dish by itself but one of the best things you can toss into pasta. My only problem is that the only way I can buy it is in frozen blocks that weigh a couple of pounds. I have to buy the block, semi-defrost it, divide it into single portions and then refreeze. This is not good practice!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange