Men's Clothing Forums banner

The antipasti, snacks and side dishes thread

96K views 2K replies 15 participants last post by  Oldsarge 
#1 ·
Food Table Tableware Dishware Ingredient

See less See more
#566 · (Edited)
I am just going to ignore the Henny Youngman joke (okay, I chuckled a tiny bit), but will say this, I can barely boil water, but my girlfriend loves cooking and baking and is (my opinion, not hers) a professional-level baker.

What is fun to watch is the joy she gets from doing it. She loves the raw ingredients, the processes involved and the combination of science and "feel" that goes into it. She's always learning new techniques, trying out new recipes or just experimenting "freestyle." We all know our significant others very well - baking is one of the times when she is truly most content. It's just so neat to see.

#569 ·
I am just going to ignore the Henny Youngman joke (okay, I chuckled a tiny bit), but will say this, I can barely boil water, but my girlfriend loves cooking and baking and is (my opinion, not hers) a professional-level baker.

What is fun to watch is the joy she gets from doing it. She loves the raw ingredients, the processes involved and the combination of science and "feel" that goes into it. She's always learning new techniques, trying out new recipes or just experimenting "freestyle." We all know our significant others very well - baking is one of the times when she is truly most content. It's just so neat to see.
I'm learning to embrace "freestyle." When I was a kid, I badgered by mother into letting me bake. Badgering plus migraine caused her to acquiesce. At that time, I was very careful with measurements. Of late, I've made some experimental pizza sauces with garden ingredients. My process has been "dump in an amount that looks about right." SWMBO loved experiment #1. Today's experiment is a bit heavy on green pepper (which we both thought was a hot pepper, but seems to be quite mild) I'll probably have to add some additional spice at pizza assembly time.